28. But don't push your luck

Thirteen's POV

"It's not funny Devin, we need to find them." I hear Chase growl out as I step into the house. Judging by the sounds of their voices they're in the kitchen.

"They're dead," Devin replies sarcastically.

"And what if they really are?"

"Then there's more room at the beach."

I turn the corner and Devin's back is to me as he shrugs as if his explanation is the most logical in the world. I swat him in the back of his head, right as Jason and Chase notice me.

"There will be more room at the beach in a few minutes." Devin jumps away from me dramatically, acting as if I'm a damn ghost.

"Threats! Threats! I feel threatened!" He shouts as he points an accusing finger at me. I glare at him, and he laughs nervously.

"You know I was just joking right? I mean I'd never ever ever ever ever ever ever-"

"Get to the point." I cut him off.

"You look like shit."

"I can make you look the same if you like." I offer innocently.

"More threats! More threats! I'm feeling very threatened!"

"Sleep with one eye open tonight." I retort.

"Since you moved in I always have." I take a swing at him and he dodges it, throwing his hands up in the air in victory.

"Yes! Did you see that?! I dodged her swing, I dodged-" He's cut off as he backs into the leg of a chair and goes tumbling to the ground. I roll my eyes.

"What happened to you guys? Where's Cody and Hayden?" Jason asks.

"The hospital." I shrug.

"Why?"

"Because they need a doctor."

"You know what I mean," Jason growls, getting fed up with me.

"Cody took Hayden to the hospital to get his injuries checked over," I reply back. "Cody's fine though, so he'll likely be back within the next few hours. Then again he'll probably stay with Hayden."

"What about you?" Chase questions.

"I'm fine," I answer.

"Yeah cause everyone who looks like shit is fine." Devin pipes up sarcastically. I glare daggers into the side of his head.

"What happened to you guys?" Jason repeats.

"Got ambushed, kidnapped, and tortured. You know the usual." I shrug slightly as I grab a water bottle from the fridge.

"I'm thinking Garrett was monitoring us the entire time," I add as I remove the cap to the water.

"Garrett?"

"Zack's younger brother," I answer as I take a gulp from my water bottle. "Though it could've just as easily been Zack. I won't know if my cover's blown till I meet up with him again so, we'll see."

"You have a death wish." Devin states.

"I thought we already established that." Chase retorts.

"Great." I pipe in sarcastically. "I'm sure Cody will want some company so why don't you people go and visit him. I'm going to shower."

I don't wait for their answer as I turn and head up the stairs and straight into Cody's room. I grab a change of clothes from my backpack and head into the bathroom and close the door.