30. So I can't shoot him again

Sorry for the long wait, unfortunately I was out of town for the past couple weekends and didn't have time to update. I will do my best to do two more updates this weekend to make up for it.

Thanks for reading!

Thirteen's POV

I push open the door to the house, stripping off my jacket and throwing it on the coat rack. I head up the stairs quickly before I run into any of the boys, especially Cody. I make it to the top and turn and look behind me when I hear voices approaching.

I keep walking forward only to run into a brick wall.

"Where were you?" Just kidding, it's Cody.

"Out," I reply vaguely, making a move to go around him, he blocks my path.

"You said you'd be back within the hour. It's been four."

"You don't say." I retort and start heading back down the stairs. I'm grabbed by the arm and spun back around.

"Where were you?" He repeats.

"I just," I think about my answer, I should tell him about my conversation with Agent 91, and I could tell him about my conversation with Zack...who I left handcuffed to the hospital bed. I decide to do neither.

"I just needed to clear my head." He narrows his eyes in suspicion to my reply. "What?" I question.

"You're lying."

"I don't lie." I snap back at him. That often, I add silently to myself.

"Well, you just did." He fires back. I turn to walk away but his grip on my arm only tightens.

"I'm going to cut your arm off." I hiss. He only glares at me in return. I glare back and try to pull my arm free but his grip remains firm. So I kick him behind the knee, trying to get him to let go. Unfortunately, I forgot the stairs were behind me.

He begins to fall down the stairs and I'm pulled after him. He twists his body around so I land on top of his chest, with him bearing the brunt of the fall on his back as we hit the floor at the bottom.

He groans And I push off his chest in an effort to get off him, only to realize his arms are wrapped around my waist, pinning me down.

"Cody." I start, "Let go of me."

"What?"

"You can't go deaf from falling down the stairs, so either you were already deaf, or you're ignoring me." I see a smile tug at his lips.

"Tell me the truth and I'll let go."

I scoff "That was the truth."

"Liar."

A camera flash goes off.

My head snaps up to see both Devin and Jason standing and watching. Devin holding out his phone and taking pictures. I narrow my eyes at him.

Chase walks in the room and looks between all of us. He shakes his head slightly and waves his hand at us in dismissal as he turns and walks out of the room again. "I don't even want to know." He mutters as he leaves.

Devin grins widely. "I'm going to send this everyone at the agency. What should the caption be?" He turns to Jason.

Jason opens his mouth to reply but I cut him off.

"Jason, I swear if you answer him I'm going to string you both up from the tallest tree I find and light a fire underneath it." He closes his mouth.