25. Well do something

Thirteen's POV

"And what would you do if it was one of us that betrayed you?" He questions, a strange and unfamiliar look in his eyes.

"I'd kill them," I reply without hesitation. My hand moving instinctively to my gun.

"Shame." He says as he runs his free hand through his hair. "I was hoping you'd be open to negotiation."

Before I have a chance to react, he raises his gun and puts a bullet in Fifty-seven.

I shoot up almost immediately, gasping for breath as I do so as if I just surfaced from practically drowning. This is why I don't freaking sleep. I run a hand through my hair, pulling out my ponytail as I do so.

My eyes scan over my surroundings. The walls are all gray and made of concrete. The bars in front of me keep me from going anywhere.

What the hell happened?

Suddenly I remember, the tranqs, Hayden, Cody, where are they?

I hear footsteps sound from outside the door to the room I'm in. I quickly lie back down on the floor. Never let your enemy know you're awake till it benefits you. I remain perfectly still, ensuring that my breathing remains shallow and calm.

The door is thrown open and I hear several different footsteps enter. There's shuffling and a ton of movement, as well as growls and curses from two very familiar voices.

"Let go of me you-" His voice is cut off as I hear him gasping for a breath, great the idiot got himself punched.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" There's more gasping as Cody is punched as well. Do yourselves a favor and shut up. I hear the sound of squeaking metal as the cell door is opened, followed closely by two thuds as both Cody and Hayden are thrown through the door. The door is closed and the footsteps retreat as they exit the room.

"Thirteen?" I hear Cody question.

"She's out cold." Hayden retorts, "Or dead-Ow! What was that for?"

"You damn well know what that was for."

"Actually I don't. Was it for A, B, or C?" I hear another slap. "Alright! Alright! I got it."

"Just shut up." Cody hisses.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," I say as I push myself into a sitting position.

"You're awake." Hayden states.

"No shit Sherlock."

"You have quite a mouth on you." I ignore him.

"It was pretty stupid of them to put us all in the same cell." I muse out loud, trying to change the subject and figure out what to do next.

"Yeah well in case you haven't noticed, they aren't exactly playing with a full deck," Hayden replies. The door creaks open. I throw myself back on the floor, and even out my breathing.

Hayden snorts in laughter. "Wow."

"Just shut up, and give me a head count, and tell me when," I mutter quietly.

"Make it difficult for them, got it." I mentally roll my eyes at his reply.

"Boss wants to talk to that one." One of the many men who entered says. I'm going to assume he's pointing at one of us.

"Yeah, I'm not going anywhere." Hayden pipes up. "But thanks for asking so nicely." He adds sarcastically. I hear the cell door open.

"Grab him." There's a scuffle as they move to grab Hayden, who's obviously not going anywhere willingly. I hear some other people grab Cody and hold him back, while they all just leave me alone. Huh...they are idiots.