26. Five...four...three...two...one

So very sorry for the super late update. Unfortunately I've been extremely busy with school projects and book reports. That being said, I'm going to try my best to get two updates in during the weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Cody's POV

She grabs me by the back of my neck and pulls me towards her. Fear immediately begins to settle in.

Oh shit, she's going to knock me unconscious.

Only, she does the last thing I ever expected her to do. She pulls me in and places her lips softly on mine. I freeze in complete shock, as she pulls away after a few seconds, her eyes not meeting mine as she leans back against the wall again and closes her eyes.

"Distracted?" She questions, still with her eyes closed.

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "Yeah," I mutter back quietly. Still staring.

"Good." She says, "Focus on that."

A part of me flares up, angry that the only reason she did that was to distract me, so it obviously meant nothing to her. Another part of is just shocked and well, happy that she did, even if it did mean nothing to her.

She remains pressed against the wall with her eyes closed, and it's quiet for quite some time. Until she jolts forward, her breathing heavy and her eyes wide. I stare at her curiously.

"Did you fall asleep?" I question softly. She doesn't say anything and just stares ahead. I study her cautiously, for the first time I realize just how tired she looks.

"No."

"You're lying," I state.

"So what if I am." She hisses. "It doesn't matter anyway." I just stare back at her silently. "Hayden's quieted down. They're likely bringing him back."

As soon as the sentence leaves her mouth, the door to the room swings open and several people enter, Hayden being dragged in behind them. The cell door opens and he is tossed unceremoniously to the floor. I move towards him quickly, as he groans and rolls onto his back, eyes shut.

"Your turn." One of the guys says as he points to Thirteen, who simply crosses her legs and puts her arms behind her head, leaning against the wall as if it's the most comfortable thing in the world. Her posture basically saying 'make me'. I see the guards hesitate.

One pulls a gun from his waistband and aims it at me and Hayden.

"Let me put this in simpler terms. You come with us now and they live, you fight against us in any way or if I even see you twitch wrong, I put a bullet in one of their heads. We clear?"

"Crystal." She retorts dryly.

She gets to her feet, painstakingly slow on purpose, and holds her hands up slightly trying to make herself seem as non-threatening as possible. Of course, the deadly glint in her eyes seems to only make her look even more threatening.

She starts to exit the cell and as soon as she steps foot outside of it, she's shoved face first into the floor. I watch her clench her fists and she turns her murderous glare on the guy who shoved her. He raises an eyebrow at her, a smirk on his face, practically begging her to fight back, taunting her.

"We got a problem?" He asks her as she continues to glare.

"No." She grits her teeth. "I just tripped, kinda like how you're going to just die."

His eyes darken before he delivers a punch to her face and a kick to her stomach. She groans, before spitting blood out on the floor. I cringe slightly. She starts to get to her feet, hands balling into fists.