21. I take it back

Cody's POV

"Where are you going?" I ask her as she starts up the stairs.

"To get Hayden to get her to leave." She responds simply.

"I already told you we tried to asking him."

"You tried asking." She pulls her dagger out, I run a hand over my face. "I'm going to try forcing." She continues up the stairs, I don't try to stop her.

Devin turns to me eyes wide, "Should we stop her?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No."

"You're right. I mean, what's the worst she could do?" The sound of splitting wood followed closely by a loud series of bangs echoes from upstairs. "I spoke too soon."

"Yeah you did," Chase mutters as he leans against the wall across from us, Jason next to him. Narissa runs off to who knows where.

"Yeah..." Jason trails off. "Maybe someone should go up there and make sure they don't kill each other."

I roll my eyes at him. "They're not going to try to kill each other." I chide him.

"Yeah ok, the worst that'll happen is a repeat of yesterday. Unless his grudge against her is gone." Devin pipes in.

"What grudge?" I ask him. He's not making any sense, as usual.

He gives me a disbelieving look, "You didn't notice?" I look over at Chase and Jason, who just shrug. They have no idea what Devin's on about either.

"Didn't notice what?" Chase asks.

"The way they went at each other." he pauses. "They aren't strangers, they know each other. I've never seen your brother so angry before, and her, well she's no stranger to him."

"Hayden doesn't know her." I retort. "He would've said something."

"Have you ever seen him going at a stranger like that?" He asks me. "Going after a girl like that?"

"No," I respond after a moment of silence. "Never."

"It wouldn't be that surprising if he does know her," Jason says. "She seems to know everyone."

Suddenly there's a surprised shout and the thudding of something falling down the stairs. Hayden lands on his back on the tile floors.

Devin flinches. "Damn that must've hurt." He mutters.

Hayden looks back up the stairs, getting to feet, his eyes murderous. Thirteen descends softly. "Why you little-"

Thirteen throws a punch to his jaw as soon as her feet hit the tile. He staggers backward.

"She leaves now, or I tie you to a tree and use you for target practice." She growls out, eyes narrow. She twirls her dagger in her hands. He eyes it.

"Fine," he growls back at her. "Narissa!" He calls out.

"Yes." She appears right by his side, almost magically and bats her eyes at him. He glares at Thirteen.

"We're leaving." He turns and stalks out the front door, Thirteen glaring icily at his retreating form.

As soon as the door closes behind him, she snatches her keys from the counter, grabbing her leather jacket from the coat rack by the door.

"Whoa, where are you going?" I question as I step in front of her.

"I need to blow off some steam and unless you want to be my unwilling volunteer, move out of my way." She hisses at me. I hold my hands up in surrender and back away from her. She slams the door behind her.