Chapter 7

Celia never left when was suppose to she most probably felt that i needed to spemd time on my writing. Well i finished my book but went I looked at the clock it was already seven.

Gawd I got so carried away with my writing that I forgot Celia was looking after him. I jumped from my chair and made my way to the lounge where I heard soft noises coming from the television.

As I rounded the corner all air left my lung. I must be seeing a ghost. He can't be here. What did he tell Celia to offer him coffee.

I stood there so in thought that I did hear Matthew call my name. I only realised when he pulled on my pants.

"Hi buddy. Did you have fun with Celia." I asked my son as I kissed his cheek.

"Yes. We make cake mommy!" He says excitedly

"Can you ask Celia to dish mommy some of you nice cake?" Matthew nodds and moves towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here" I hiss at him he has no right.

"No need to be so hostile Liz. There are a lot of people looking for you. Thought I would come warn you that they are getting really close to you location."

"Don't call me that" I say through gritted teeth while I glare at him. " and who is looking for. Better yet how did you find me?"

"This is what I speselize in you know. Hi have known where you were since the day you left. I just made sure no one else finds you. I must say I did a good job until now. Some were someone made the connection between you and this writer alias of your. Now they are out for blood. Just though I will warn you."

"Mark. Why would you do all that?"

"I always loved you Liz and I knew someday I might have you. I just gave you time to heal and I made sure you were safe in that time." He actually blushed.

"Mark,I can't say that I feel the same. You are aware that I am a mother right?"

"I am not blind Liz I can see that and I can see who the father is as well. Does Dilton know he fathered a son with you?"

Looking down at my hands I shake my head feeling ashamed. But it's the best thing I could have ever done.

"No he doesn't know. But he will know soon. How is my parents doing Mark,they must think I am dead."

"No no no they know you are well and alive and they knew you needed space. I gave them pictures of you and your son during the last three year I believe they deserved it. They however has no contact with Dilton they had him escorted from their estate after you left."

"Do they know your here?"

"That's the thing they want you to come home they miss you Liz and they want to meet their grandson. They begged me to come with but I refused I don't think bombarding you will help." I gave him a small smile he knew me so well.

"No your right."

"Mommy cake" Matthew walked infront of Celia carrying the serviettes and forks. Celia was bringing the cake with coffee on a tray.

"Thank you buddy that looks great. Thank you Celia for staying a bit later." I smiled up to her.

"Come sugar let's go bath you can visit mommy after you bathed."

"Bey mommy. Centre bath me." He sang skipping towards his bathroom.

"You have good help."

"Your not here to talk about my help. What are you here for Mark why not just phone me?"

"Easy I wanted to see you" He says with a shy smile.

We sat there I silence eating the cake and having our coffee. The silence was full of tension. I still don't get why he is here. But I will play his game.

"This cake was great but I need to attend to my son. It was nice seeing you mark we might meet in the near future again."

He left reluctantly not really please with the way I put him off.