Chapter 16

"Why what. Why did I disappear, why did I have Matthew, why did I agree to the divorce? Why what Dilton?" I stood in front of him speaking through tears. How can he ask me such rhetorical question. Wasn't it obvious what the answer would be.

"I want to know why to all of the above and more but my may Why will be about Matthew. Why did you want to have my baby? He looked confused. Men why do we always have to draw pictures for them? I got my tears under control before answering him. I hated looking weak in front of him.

"Let me tell you a story and then if you still don't understand then I don't know if you ever will." he nodded he head looking at me waiting for me to start.

"So five years ago there was this happily married couple their lives was filled with love. But like with all stories there is a sad part. You see after their first year of marriage they decided they want to start a family. They tried and they tried but they never succeeded, so when they could get the formula right to conceive child the natural way they reverted to artificial ways which also didn't work." I stopped and   peeked up to Dilton he looked sincere and I could see he knew i was telling our story but never once interrupted me. So I looked down at my hand again that was laying in my lap. I took a deep breath and continued."So their relationship slowly started to fall apart I assume it was because they both played the self blaming game and in the process the two started to avoid each other. However the young wife realized that she was loosing the love of her life as well as her best friend she started to plan on how to make the marriage work. Her only answer was to get pregnant and not by means of anything artificial but the natural way so that one day when she looked at that child she knew he or she would be conceive from love and not instruments. She noticed that he husband was becoming more distant which made her goal so much more difficult but she succeeded. On one of the rare occasions that he was home she successfully seduced him in making love to her after months of no intimacy and by chance that the wife fell pregnant." I took a deep breath wiping a lone tear from my cheek. Not wanting to draw this out I continued. "As soon as the wife found out about this good news she tried and tried to contact her husband but her call was rejected or so she thought as they would ring once and then go to voice mail. She didn't want to give him the good news by voice mail so she contacted his office hoping his secretary would transfer her call to. But was informed he hasn't been in the office for the last four days. So the wife was a little bit worried not just for the fact that something might have happened to but also for the fact that he already met someone that could give him what he so badly desired. A child of his own. So the wife took the matter in her own hands, she hired a friend that was an investigator and she asked him to track down her husband. Three days later she received a call from this friend stating that he has received some information. When the wife got the news that her husband has been unfaithful she didn't blame I mean who could blame him he was the only child and he needed a heir....

"Liz I ..... " Dilton interrupted me but i lifted my hand to silence him an he did so I continued.

"The shock of the news cause her to have a miscarriage which devastated her because the one chance she had to save her crumbling marriage was just lost. During her stay in the hospital the doctor informed her that there are more explanations to the miscarriage than stress and this could also be why she could get pregnant. He said its a case that is very easily overlooked. so after he told her to go for a operation which she agreed to her mother convinced her to listen to what her husband has to say after she ignored him for three days. She was already struggling with the loss of her baby and to deal with him confessing he was cheating would've made her come crashing down. So she listened and what her husband asked was not what she expected but agreed to a divorce without a fight as she was aware that he might have found someone that he loved more. She never did tell anyone about the operation as it would have raised a lot of red flag so instead she went to an empty house and started with planning her live after divorce. But the one thing she struggled with was not having her best friend and lover with her so she did the only thing she could to keep a part of him. She used the semen they deposited in the fertility clinic to inseminate herself and have his child. after it was confirmed that she was pregnant she fled the country not want anyone to know she was pregnant with her ex husbands son. when the child was born she had good reason to stay away  as the son look like a twin copy of his father and if she returned home everyone would know who the father was and she wasn't ready to see him again." I stopped there. I believe he had more than enough answers in one night so I quietly got up to walk to my sons room muttering a ' can you please see yourself out comment to Dilton who still hasn't said a word. I didn't dare look at him because that would be my undoing. I just told him everything I felt.

Moving towards the door I felt a hand on my shoulder and then a hot breath against my ear.

"I never cheated on you Lizzy. You were my everything and you still are my everything. I loved you more than words can describe and I still do. I know you might not believe me but it is the truth." While talking to me he turned me around to face him and lifted my chin so he could see my eyes. but the tears kept running down them as he spoke to me. How long have I waited to hear those words? with one swift movement Dilton crushed his lips to mine kissing me hungrily. He was always very passionate  when it came to that area of the marriage. My hands moved to his hair as i ran my finger through time being rewarded with a soft growl like sound from DIlton. That is when I realized that I might be setting myself up for failure. So I slowly pulled away and stepped back. My cheeks still damp from my tears I looked him in the eyes.

"Please don't take him away from me, please Dilton he is all I have" I sobbed the last part. I could imagine my live without my son.

"Lizzy never will I take a child from his mother, I am not a monster." then he added "I want the three of us to be a family Liz I missed you. Please come back to me" I was astounded but his question. Then I remembered.

"But you are to be married soon your engagement is to be announced in the papers?" That sentence had him giving me a smirk.

"That my love was just game and besides I can't get married." he deadpanned. I gave him a confused look what does he mean he can't get married? Sensing my confusion he said " I am already married" That made me even more confused. So he said.

"I have a little story to tell you to but lets get some tea first"