Part 2

Chapter 2

Aubrey flung the capsule to the ground near the shrubbery and reached over to grab the dress she had hid earlier. Glancing around, she made sure that Daisy's tail covered her body before pulling the pants and shirt off. The gown fell down her body with ease. Reaching a hand back, she flicked it towards her hair. For once, she wished she was standing in front of a mirror. Watching her brown locks twist and turn until it made an intricate design, was one thing that she never got used to. Magic was in her every being, but she still found the simple mechanics of it fascinating.

Shaking off her thoughts, she turned towards Daisy. "Down girl, you know father doesn't like when you cause a scene."

The dragon's large head moved in her direction. Daisy gave a dignified huff before slipping into her smaller form. Strutting away, its tiny tail flicked wildly. Aubrey let out a laugh at her friend's antics before realizing where Daisy was going. Taking off in a run, she dived. Instead of landing on the scaly back of her dragon, her body hit the cold ground. A groan escaped her lips, but she didn't move.

A rough tongue ran over her arm. Opening an eye, she glanced down at the tiny dragon. Daisy had her head down as if she was waiting for a beaten.

Sadness coursed through Aubrey as she remembered the state she had found her dragon in. The poor thing was beaten to near death. Its wings had been ripped; its scales had been skinned. It had took all of Aubrey's willpower not to go back and kill the men who had done this. Two good things out of the situation; Aubrey acquired a best friend, and Daisy got a protector. Of course, there was not many things the dragon could not protect itself from, but with a little magic, Aubrey was one to worry about.

"Sister, what are you doing on the ground? And please tell me you do not have that creature with you. You know how much Mother is frightened over it."

She turned and glanced up at her brother. Siblings, they may have been, but not a single person could tell by looking at them. Where she was dark, he was light. His white blond hair looked almost silver in the moon light. His eyes could not be seen at the moment, but the rumors were that his were the prettiest, lightest, blue in all the lands. The rumors were true, Ainsely's eyes were magnificent.

"We have no time for you to stare, sister. Father is waiting. Hide your dragon under your skirts, and come," he said in a frustrated tone. Turning his back on her, he walked away.

Aubrey knew that she was meant to follow, but she ignored the demand. She may have been cursed as a child, but following everyone's command was not it. Ainsely's footsteps halted. His back stayed frigid, and Aubrey knew the reason. He may try to fool others, but he could never fool his sister.

Turning, he stomped back towards her with a scowl imbedded in his face. She just lied there in waiting as he bent down next to her and held out a hand. Grabbing it, he pulled her up. Before she could brace herself, his arms were wrapped around her in a bone crushing hug. Laughter shook his chest as he rocked them back and forth. "I missed you, Aubrey. Do you really have to stay gone so long?"

"Yes," she answered automatically.

He nodded into her shoulder. "I understand. You may not be going about it in the right way, but I understand."

"That is good to know," she joked. "I can now die happy knowing that my brother understands."

"We all understand it, Brey. You are the one that thinks we do not."

She pulled away from him with a smile. "I know my family will always support me that is not the reason why I do not visit. You know the reason; I need to rid myself of this curse. I need practice if I want to accomplish my goal."