Chapter 10

Hey, sorry I haven't updated for a while! I hope this makes up for it, fingers crossed ^.^

I also want to add quickly that you should check out the great story that bubbles135798 wrote! It's called 'Stole my heart' so please help her to get more votes, much appreciated!

*****************

Chapter 10

A month passed and John, Sherlock and Hamish adjusted to their new lifestyle. The new parents had agreed on different names so that Hamish wouldn't get confused as he grew up; Sherlock would be daddy and John would be papa.

John hoped that his son wouldn't get bullied for having two dads, and he decided that he would make sure to give him a choice as to which gender he preferred to date as he grew up.

Sherlock was spread out on the sofa with his fingers steepled under his chin, still trying to figure out the case that brought them their son. After David Grey had been killed, the murderer had broke into the Bank of England Museum and had stolen three 1 kilo gold bars from the display room, worth over £90,000.

John was just preparing breakfast in the kitchen when a small wail echoed through the flat. Sherlock jumped up from the sofa and ran to Hamish's room, bringing him into the living room and rocking him soothingly. "Shh, shh, it's ok, papa's making your milk," Sherlock whispered.

"Good morning my little man," John said, walking over to the two boys and kissing Hamish on the cheek. "I'll go get your milk."

He wandered back to the kitchen and Sherlock sat down on the sofa, bouncing Hamish on his knee.

A few minutes later, John brought the warm milk over to Sherlock, who fed Hamish and watched him silently. A few moments passed and finally John spoke.

"You haven't stopped smiling since you started feeding him," John said, grinning at Sherlock.

The consulting detective glanced up briefly, smiled at John, and looked back down at Hamish.

Suddenly, Sherlock's mobile rang and John looked around to answer it, however he couldn't find where the ringing was coming from. He ran to the sofa, throwing the pillows onto the floor.

"Where is it?" He said, leaning down to look under the coffee table.

Sherlock looked around the room, straining his ears to try and find the source of the ringing. "Umm...".

Finally John found it in the microwave and answered it.

"Lestrade? What can we do for you? Oh! Yeah, we'll be there as soon as we can." He hung up and ran to get Hamish's pushchair.

"What's happened?" Sherlock asked, putting the bottle down and wiping Hamish's chin with his bib.

"They've found a clue that could possibly lead us to the murderer, Lestrade wants us to take a look." John shouted from the bedroom.

Sherlock carried Hamish out to the waiting cab and climbed in, John following and put the folded pushchair onto the taxi floor.

"Scotland Yard," John said to the cabbie.

***

They arrived a while later and John fixed up the pushchair, Sherlock strapping the little man into it. They entered Scotland Yard and everyone smiled at them which was new to Sherlock. No one ever used to smile at him.

They took the lift up to Lestrade's floor and headed to his office. They entered and Lestrade greeted them, bending down to coo over his godson.

"Well hello there little boy! I haven't seen you in a long time!" He said, grinning as Hamish held onto his hand.