Chapter Nine - What Happened?

Mell's P.O.V
A Few Hours Later

After a few hours of driving trying to get everything sorted out I had finally brought Nova home. Both Trey an' Rach had went home leaving just me and her alone at her condo.

The kids were all at there Gramma's house so we had no worries on whether or not someone would've gotten woken up by the noise.

Looking down towards her as she laid there not once moving I sighed out loud.

This was all my fault.

-
-

Nova's P.O.V

Feeling an' hearing the loud thumping from my head as pain took over my body all I had been able to do was groan out loud in pain.

Why did I have such a bad headache I thought to myself feeling as if I had needed to throw up.

I knew I didn't drink enough for me to feel this way an' I most certainly know that I didn't drink enough to not have remember what happened the next day.

Laying in bed thinking over everything I immediately jumped up feeling the urge to let out everything that had been in me.

Running into the bathroom while hovering over the toilet. I continuously groaned out in pain as my throat dangerously burned.

As tears escaped my eyes while I remained in pain the feeling of a pair of large arms frightened me.

But yet I was still unable to move.

Letting out the last of what was in me a sharp pain then ran through my stomach.

"You good." I heard Mell's voice allowing me to realize it was him all along.

Shaking my head letting him know I wasn't he then gently picked me up helping me back into bed where I could lay.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"I don't know." I cried out in pain. "I don't know what's happening."

"What did you drink Nova?"

"I don't remember." I admitted. "All I had was one drin--"

The pain then ran through my stomach once again.

"You need to see a doctor."

"No!" I quickly shook my head. "I'm fine Mell - You can leave, I'll be okay."

I knew damn well that I was in too much pain to be alone but I just refused to let him know that I needed him.

"I'm not leaving." He demanded. "Matter fact, when all this shit is done you an' my kids all coming home with me."

"Please." I begged. "I don't wanna argue."

"It's either that or I'm moving in."

Looking towards him realizing he was being completely serious I sighed lightly while closing both my eyes.

All I wanted was for this all to be over with.

-
-

Mell's P.O.V

Focusing my attention towards her as she laid in bed looking up towards the ceiling, I wondered what she'd been thinking.

Was she still in love with me? Or did I completely lose the only woman I've ever loved?

Thinking back on all the years I've been with her, every emotion filled my body.

I just wished that I'd never hurt her the way I did.