Chapter Eighteen - What's Happened?

Mell's P.O.V
Later That Night.

Holding Nova in my arms bridal style as we had both finally made it home I sighed to myself a bit relieved.

After she had lost consciousness I thought it was best I took her home leaving Trey those alone at the trap.

I'd never seen that side of my wife before an' now was the time I see how she took it all in after what she'd done.

I didn't want Nova doing anything she would regret but from her actions tonight I think she had a whole lot of anger built up in her finally exploding on her first victim .. Ashantii.

What's gonna happen after tonight, I continuously asked myself.

Will our lives change for the better or will everything just crumble?

-
-

Laying in bed I watched as she slept so peacefully.

What was she dreaming about?

I then gently ran my fingers through her hair, reminiscing over how beautiful she was, how she stayed with me through everything an' most importantly how she loved me.

"What are you doing?" Her soft voice spoke as her eyes remained closed.

"Feeling any better?" I questioned a bit concerned. "You know - I've never seen you so angry."

She then sighed lightly.

"I don't wanna ever have to talk about what happened tonight again as long as I live.

"But what--"

"Please." She cut me off. "Can't you just hold me."

I did as she said not once speaking.

Maybe it was time she got away from everything an' everyone .. It was time she went on that vacation she'd always been asking for.

"Baby?" I finally called out after thinking over everything.

"Mhm." I could tell she was half way asleep.

"How you feel about taking that trip you've always wanted?"

Her eyes then quickly opened.

"Vacation?" She question.

"First thing tomorrow morning - We can start packing now."

"But - The kids."

"Our Mama's got that under control." I spoke truthfully. "An' now that Mello's back what can go wrong?"

She sighed lightly. "Baby we can't go - You can but I'm not."

"Why?" I quickly questioned.

"I have to make sure all my kids are okay, especially Mello."

"Why you always do that?

"Do what?" She asked a bit confused.

"Call them 'Your Kids' like I ain't got shit to do with them?"

She knew I never liked it but always seemed to do it.

"But you know what I meant." She defended. "They're all our children so me saying that shouldn't phase you - No matter what the case may be."

I dismissed the entire topic.

"So what you gonna do?"

"Are you serious?" She sat up a bit frustrated. "Don't you think those kids deserve to be put first at all times?"