Cutting Lives, Cutting Ties

(A/N) Hi! This is just a head-canon I've seen float about :) I thought I might write something for it!

2. And can I just express my love for the Monsters Born comic X3 I. LOVE. IT. I just need to be dragged away from Tumblr ;-; Maxwell666, I think you'd like it. :P

3. Haha, I love the picture <3

It's an odd feeling, not growing up.

It's scary Watching those you care about grow up, mature, and eventually have families of their own.

It's weird to see your parents die of old age when you're still not old enough to live on your own.

It's strange to see your sister go to college, while you had to leave school because someone would notice something off sooner or later.

So here he sat, next to a friend and a crush he hadn't seen in a long while. Sitting on a park bench, having all been there by some odd twist of fate. Imagine their surprise when they realized who the young boy was.

He had entered the park, it was getting a bit dark. It had to be around 7:30 by now. He adjusted the backpack he carried and pulled the hood of his black hoodie down. He'd been walking all day. He'd traveled a lot these days, looking for Dani, finding interesting places and things to do. This week, he'd ended up in California. He vaguely remember Sam mentioned always wanting to move there.

The thought made him depressed, he hadn't seen them in around 20 years. He had to leave though, what else could he do? 

He wandered over to a park bench near the edge of the grass, he needed to rest. Sure, he may be half-ghost but he still got tired! Plus, he was hungry... He couldn't very well get a job or live anywhere on his own. Who hires a fourteen year old or rents out an apartment to one? Even if he was supposed to be 34 by now. He surely didn't feel that old.

He sat alone for a while, contemplating where he'd gone in his life. He'd never get to be an astronaut. He'd never have a family... he couldn't have a life.

He could feel tears gathering under his eyes and his shoulders started to shake. It wasn't fair! Why couldn't he have a normal life!?

He barley noticed the bench shift with someone else's weight. "Hey... kid you alright?"

Kid....

Danny looked up at the man that addressed him.

Danny looked at him in shock. So did the man.

"T-t...Uh.." What was he supposed to say after meeting a friend he hadn't seen for twenty years? What was he supposed to say about the fact he still looked fourteen years old?

"Danny...?" The man seemed nervous about saying his thoughts out loud. It just couldn't be possible. He had disappeared twenty-odd years ago. He wasn't supposed to show up after all that time, looking like nothing was different.

The boy nodded, he couldn't speak. Not now.

Tucker reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. He gave him a quick glance, "Y-you alright if I-I call S-sam?"

Danny thought for a moment. Tucker was probably having a breakdown at this moment. He probably needed to tell her that he found him. That he was alive. He nodded.

Tucker dialed a number quickly and waited as the phone rang. Danny listened to the one sided conversation the best he could

"Sam? Hey... It's me Tucker.."