Don't cry, Badger.

(A/N) All that junk's at the bottom :P

Danny Fenton was a curious child, after all he was only five. So it wasn't really a surprise when he was found lying on the floor of his parents lab half-conscious and barely breathing. Danny could only watch through half-lidded and blurry eyes as his parents yelled unintelligible words to each other and hurriedly picked him up, rushing up the steps.

Why did it hurt so much?

Danny couldn't remember what happened after they got to the top of the stairs, he probably passed out from the pain. He could barely stand it and the only reason he hadn't screamed at that point was because his throat was raw. Why was it so dry?

He didn't remember the deathly screams he let out earlier.

Danny awoke and slowly sat up. He hurt. A lot. He looked around the room, searching for his parents or even his big sister. What happened?

Just as he was about to get up Danny's door creaked open. He saw the flash of teal and orange from the corner of his eye and immediately turned to greet his parents. When he turned to look at them anything he had to say instantly died. He could see their clearly distraught faces, and there was a strange man behind them.

"Mommy? Daddy? What's wrong?" His throat felt better than it had, it still hurt to speak though.

His parents tried to smile at their young boy, but he wasn't so easily fooled. Their smiles were sad and maybe even a bit forced. Danny focused his gaze on the man behind his parents. He was tall, not as tall as Daddy but still taller than a lot of people the boy had seen. He also wore nice clothes, a very fancy suit and a tie placed nicely around his neck. The child tilted his head a bit at the odd man. There was just something about him...

The man flashed a charming smile and strode over to the little boy, "Hello, Daniel." The man stuck a hand out, "I'm Vlad."

Danny looked at the hand wearily before sticking his significantly smaller one out for the man to shake. "It's Danny." He whispered.

Vlad looked back at his parents, seeing them nod. He crouched down infront of the bed so he could be eye-level with Danny. "Daniel, do you remember what happened earlier?"

Danny looked down at his lab and furrowed his little brows. He couldn't remember what happened. He thought back. He remembered going to the basement to see the portal.... His parents seemed pretty upset about it when it didn't work. He was curious. He remembered looking inside, just a peak before he got curious and walked into the tunnel. He couldn't remember anything after that. Just a click and the pain....

He looked back up at the man,"I remember the portal."

Vlad nodded, as if expecting this. "What about the portal?"

"Mommy and Daddy were sad 'cause it didn't open up." Danny looked over Vlad's shoulder at his parents. He frowned when he saw their solemn faces. They looked close to tears. "I went back down there to see it when Mommy and Daddy left. I didn't mean to do anything! I just wanted to see... It hurt...Sorry..."

The boy was becoming less coherent and tears were pricking the corner of his eyes. He didn't understand what was going on. Why were his parents sad? Why was this weird guy here? Where was his sister?

Danny looked around the room and paid closer notice to the fact his sister wasn't here. It bothered him, his sister was always there for him, even when he didn't appreciate it. "Where's Jazzy?"

All three adults looked surprised he was still there. While Danny was contemplating things they had moved to the corner to speak in hushed whispers. Danny's mother walked over to the bed and sat down next to him, resting his head against her. "Jazz is in her room Danny, we'll talk to her later. Alright?"

"About what though?" He looked up at her face and frowned, "Why are you and Daddy sad?"

She gave him a small smile for his concern, "It's okay honey... It's just something happened in the portal when you went inside."

Danny panicked, "Did I break it worse? Is that why your sad? m'sorry!"

Her eyes widened before the smile returned again. No matter what her baby would always put others before himself. "Of course not baby, no. Something happened to you Danny..."

He tilted his head, what did she mean?

Vlad stepped up, Jack following right behind him.

The words that were spoken confused the boy even further. But they also awakened an unexplainable fear in him.

"It made you half-ghost. A halfa..."

~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) Can I just say how much I love this? I saw the family breakfast AU on Tumblr and it sorta inspired me. Although this is a bit different because of the roles everyone plays. Plus the FB was a bit nicer in my eyes. I can't let Vlad NOT be a conniving evil mastermind.

I'm thinking this should be a one-shot series. Each one is a shot from different periods and smol Danny learning to control his powers with the help of good 'ol 'uncle Vlad'....