Safe And Sound

(Hello! I wrote this while I was listening to Safe and Sound, so that's probably why it turned out this way XD It was actually going to be about Sam and Danny but it spiraled.)

Cloudy green eyes stared up into remorseful teal. The orange hair of the the girl with the boy in her lap waved slightly in the wind, sadly. She ran her hand through his white locks as the snowy haired boy stared up at her in pain. She didn't let the tears welling in her eyes fall. "It's okay, Danny."

She saw him squint against the light of the setting sun, his breath quickened slightly. Tear tracks were dried up on his cheeks, he wasn't sure why though..."Okay?"

She nodded at the soft voice, it lacked all of it's usual confidence and strength. "Yeah...." She smiled sadly at him, "I'll make sure you'll be okay." She wasn't sure if she was saying it to reassure herself or the dying boy with the gaping hole near his heart. "You'll be okay."

The younger slowly averted his eyes from the girl's, turning them to the entrance of the alleyway they rested in. He took a few ragged, deep breaths. "It hurts..."

She nodded, but he wasn't looking. "I know... Go to sleep Danny, you'll feel better." She knew there was nothing she could do for him, but she'd let him believe it, just this once. For this last moment. "You'll be safe."

"Promise?" His voice was broken and slurred, drowning in pain.

"I promise."

A flash of white lit up the alley before it dimmed, leaving a blue eyed boy staring emptily up at his sister as his eyes closed, taking slow breaths. "Thanks..."

~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) This was around 230 words, super short :P Straight to the point though, huh? I'm sorry for that. I needed something sad, but I didn't want to draw it out. I hope you can for give me.