The Dog wash

"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog."

~~~~~~~~~~

Cujo sat obediently before his Master, wagging his tail happily. The boy beside the dog let out a frustrated sigh, "How we gonna do this, buddy?"

Cujo tilted his head curiously. His innocent gaze wandered away from 'Master-Danny' to the half full bathtub that occupied the same room as the human/dog duo.

Cujo switched his eyes' focus back to the boy, looking oddly suspicious. He knew what was coming.

Danny noticed the dog's odd look and made a grab for him before he could escape. Cujo, being the brilliant little pup he is jumped out of the way and phased through the bathroom door.

"Cujo!" Danny hopped to his feet and threw the door open to chase after the little green dog. He peeked down the hallway and saw the ghost making a dash to the front door. The boy narrowed his eyes and took off toward the entrance, "Not so fast! You need a bath!"

He heard a bark as he reached the door. He ran out and pushed it closed behind him. Looking left and right he saw the dog taking off down the street in the direction of the Nasty Burger. He ran after him, arms waving around and calling the puppy's name.

 "Cujo!" He didn't pay any mind to the bewildered pedestrians and drivers as he pushed through the people that were out and that day.

He had to get that mutt into the tub. He'd been trying for days. He figured if he wanted to keep the playful companion around he'd have to take care of him...

...AND CLEAN HIM!

The pup eventually turned into an alley, Danny ran after him. The dog stood at the end of the dark path and suddenly grew to a monstrous size. Danny looked back to make sure no one was around, allowing rings of light to glide over his waist, down to his toes, and to the last hair on his head. He was Phantom now.

"C'mon buddy, it's just a little water. It's not like you can drown!"

He flew toward the over-sized dog, grabbing the spiked collar around his neck. He tugged at the accessory, trying to pull the dog behind him.

He wasn't budging...

Danny let out a sigh as the dog phased from his grasp and through another wall.

This was gonna be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) 

Hey... if all dogs go to heaven, why'd Cujo become a ghost? (Love that movie though...)

I'll stop making jokes now.