Johan: Part 11

I couldn't stop thinking about it. The way I felt when he was in my arms, the look in his wide green eyes. I couldn't stop the hurt I felt when he backed away and ran out. I couldn't stop the tear that slipped from my eye. I definitely couldn't stop Cassidy's constant nagging me about it. She obviously knew something was up. She stuck to texting me but the next day she arrived at my house.

"Cassidy?" I said, my voice cracking from lack of use.

She pushed me inside and up to my room. "Spill it."

"What are you talking about?" I asked without meeting her eyes.

"Don't give me any bull. I'm not blind. Now Spill. It."

"I think I love him." I said breaking down and chocking out sobs.

I waited for her to scream, look at me in disgust, or get up and run out. But what she did shocked me.

"Have you told him? Because the way he looks at you... I think he feels the same."

I looked at her weird. "Of course he doesn't. You've seen it. He hates me." I said when I got my breath back.

"That's because Ted doesn't know how to deal with his feelings honey." Cassy said softly. "I've known Ted a long time and he's never been one to admit his feelings. Do you know how or when these feelings started?"

"I can't tell you when it started, I don't even know. But it may have to do with the fact that our hearts glowed for each other."

She gasped but didn't run. "Omg that's so cute! How long ago was that?"

"When he pushed me into the locker in February."

She looked at me, then I looked at her and she pulled me tight into her and I tried not to cry on her shirt and failed.

She rubbed my back. "Let it out honey."

When I finally calmed down she looked me dead in the face and said "you need to get your man. This can't go on."

"I can't just run up in school and tell him I want to be with him." I noted.

She sighed in thought. "I'll come up with something."

"No, Cassy." I told her. "I have to do this myself."

She nodded then laid down beside me. She wrapped her arms around mine and we just talked. She told me about when she met her foster parents and I told her about life in Paris. We talked about X-Men and all the marvel heroes and our favorite video games. I did my best to avoid the topic of Ted and to my appreciation, she did the same.

Around 8 she said she was heading home but refused to let me drive her. She told me to stay in bed and she walked home. I worried because it was a long walk but she just waved away my concerns. I told her I would at least pick her up for school tomorrow and she kissed my cheek before leaving.
************
The next morning when we arrived at school Cassidy was all laughs and smiles.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked when I opened her door. She just looked at me and smiled.

"Today's the day you're going to get your man!" She exclaimed.

I stiffened and then sighed. "Cassidy..."

"I won't get involved! I promise!"

"It was a week ago Cass. He probably forgot about it."

"Yeah right." She laughed. "Highly unlikely. Trust me, he has to love you. You're irresistible." She cried, reaching up to pinch my cheeks. I slapped her hand away and laughed.