Chapter 38...

Not Edited!!

Song on the side is In Case by Demi Lovato. Love this song and thought it fit. 

Happy Reading! :) 

"Wasn't part of the deal?"

The sound of the familiar voice made me freeze over Liam's bed. It was just my luck today that they would hear me say that. Turning around I came face to face with Lilly and Adam. Lilly's expression consisted of shock, confusion and anger. Beside her Liam's father just stared at me with an even expression.

"What do you mean 'wasn't part of the deal'?" Lilly asked in a steely tone.

"I...I uh-" I started but couldn't find the words to say anything. This was not how they were suppose to find out. The small amount of hope that they would understand and not be angry was fading away. The look on Lilly's face was making my heart crumble even more then it already was.

"You made a deal with my son for money?" She asked. "What kind of deal did you make?" Her voice kept getting higher and higher.

I knew I had to be honest with them right now. I was thinking of lying to not make her mad at me but before I could stop myself I heard my voice.

"I didn't mean for this to happen. I was in a really bad situation before I met Liam and when he offered me money to be his 'wife' I took it without thinking. I didn't want to hurt you guys or anyone else." I found myself rambling. I mentally slapped myself for voluntarily spilling the beans. But seeing Liam's parents staring at me like that I couldn't stop myself from finally telling them. I never was the greatest at lying and keeping things from people.

"So you were using my son for his money? Like every other whore in this town." Her words felt like she was slapping me in the face. "You lied to everyone just for some cash." My tears had stopped when I heard Lilly's voice but now they were coming back.

This was exactly what I thought would happen. I was stupid enough to believe that his family wouldn't be mad and forgive me for making this dumb deal. Now here we are inside a hospital room with Lilly's accusing eyes making me want to die right then and there.

"And to think I trusted you!" I gulped willing myself not to cry in front of her.

"Lilly I'm sorry! I-" I was interrupted by a new person clearing their throat.

"Sorry to interrupt but I am Doctor Marshall." I quickly wiped my tears away as we all turned to the doctor.

"Hello I am Adam Stanford and this is my wife Lilly. Is Liam going to be okay?" Adam spoke first. As soon as their last name was mentioned I noticed the doctors eyes get a little wide. Everyone knew who he is. In this moment I was glad they did because that meant they would do everything they could for Liam.

"It is very nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Stanford." He shook their hands before coming more into the little makeshift room. "Liam will be just fine." As soon as those words left his mouth I sagged a little against the bed.

"Right now he is in an induced coma to get the swelling in his brain to stop. There is no big damage besides his broken left arm and a few broken ribs. The coma will probably last about 3-4 days before he wakes up." He said tucking a chart under his arm.

"There is no brain damage?" Lilly asked clenching Adam's hand tightly.

"There could be a possibility that he won't remember exactly what happened during the accident but that is not very likely. He will not suffer any amnesia or impairments. He is a very lucky man especially since the car hit his side."