Part Twenty-Five

Author's Note- Hey guys. So I'm really happy to hear that everyone's enjoying the story. I just got my first job- yay me- so I'm not sure yet how this is going to affect my regular updates. I'm fairly certain I'll be able to put up at least a part or two every few days. I just wanted to let you guys know, since you've been so supportive and all.

Secondly, I'd like to ask anyone who would be willing- I have been trying to create a proper cover for the story, and mine are just not turning out the way I'd like. So if anyone would want to help me out and make an actual cover for the story, that would be FABULOUS, and I would give you credit for it. So let me know, of anyone would like to work that out.

I know this one's short. I'm building up to something!

Thank you guys so much for continuing to be supportive and reading my work!!

-Morgan

-------

-Frank's POV-

Between my guitar and Gerard's art, the two of us fell into a steady rhythm of quiet creative time together. I would sit on the rug, softly strumming away on Pansy while he sat opposite me, sketching to his heart's content. On his good days, with some kisses and gentle persuasion, I could even convince him to bring our little bit of time to my waterfall.

Well, our waterfall.

That was another thing. Our. It gnawed at me until I just had to ask, on our way home from picking up the last bit of my things from my mother's.

"Gerard? What exactly are we?"

He'd been looking down at his lap, an he glanced up immediately and faltered for a second.

"I- uhm.. Uh. I'm not really sure" he replied.

I turned my attention back to the road and we remained silent all the way to the building, up the stairs, and into Gerard's home.

"We could make it official" Gerard suddenly said, shrugging.

""Uh, I guess" I muttered, slightly put off by his nonchalant demeanor. Either he can read me like a book or I wear my emotions on my sleeve subconsciously, because Gerard immediately took my hand and kissed it.

"Hey, I was serious. It just so seems that we're together already." Gerard smiled, and he was instantaneously forgiven.

"Well. Now we are." I leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

He opened his mouth to speak again when a loud noise emanated from the floor below ours.

CRASH.

A heavy thud followed, and I exchanged glances with Gerard.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know. Maybe someone dropped a bookcase or something" I mused, but Gerard shook his head.

"That didn't sound like an object. It sounded like someone fell."

I scratched my head and look down at the floor as if it would give me some sort of answer. "Why are you so concerned?"

Gerard frowned. "A lot of old people live in this building. I don't want anybody to be hurt. Maybe we should check. Just to see, y'know?"

I could easily tell that Gerard's nerves wouldn't be calmed until we checked up on it, so I sighed.

"Alright. Let's go."

Gerard tugged my hand and pulled me out the door to explore.

But an odd sense of dread lurked just behind us.