Faraway

PRINCETON:

We're on the road and Danny cant stop crying. I'm just sitting there hugging her. I feel my shirt getting wet. Everyone is quiet. Then Ray gets up from his chair.

Ray: I'm getting tired. I think I'm gonna go to sleep.

He goes into the back. Then I hear crashing sounds and yelling. I get up and go to the back when it settles down. It was a mess. I look to see Ray in the corner crying. I go over to him.

Me: Dude. She's gonna be okay. I promise you that.

Ray:*looks at me* You don't know what that man is cable of. He could kill her!

Me: Ray. You know me. Have I ever been wrong with a situation like this?

Ray: No but you haven't met her dad. I have. you know that bruise I have on my chest?

Me: Yeah. You said you burned yourself.

Ray: He gave me that. I ended up In the hospital because of him almost died.

Me: Ray......

He looks at me and sighs because he knows what I will tell him.

Ray: Alright. But if she gets hurt worse the you thought, I will come for you and kill you.

He walks back up front. I feel shivers down my back. I tie my hair up and go back up front.

LOGAN:

At my house, I was getting ready to go to sleep when I get a phone call. I don't answer. Then someone texts me. I pick up my phone and see Danny's number.

KeepmeondaLo: WUUUTTT?

Dannysoserious: My dad is back and he has Terni

I sit up quickly in my bed. I couldn't believe it. Their mom actually got enough money to bail him out after all he did.

KeepmeondaLo: Where are you?

Dannysoserious: Me and the guys are stopping at McD's in Monks Corner.

KeepmeondaLo: I'm on my way.

I get dressed in my sweat pants and crop top and cross my yard to Kels's house. I knock on the door.

Kels: Lo what?

She sees the look on my face.

Kels: What happened?

Me: I'll tell you on the way there.

We hop in her car and I tell her where to go. When I tell her she is so shocked.

Kels: I cant believe her mom did that. So all the money she been saving that could have been used to buy them stuff they needed like food was saved to bail him out?!

I nod. We pull up at McDonalds and we see the bus. We go inside and see them. Danny gets up and hugs us.

Me: Hey it's gonna be okay. Don't cry.

I look and see Ray turn his face away. I knew he was torn apart too. He gets up.

Ray: I need to go to the restroom,*gets up and starts walking but collapses*

E/B: RAY!!!

We go by him but he wasn't awake. He wasn't breathing either.

Me: Someone call the hospital!

In ten minutes, paramedics rush in with a stretcher. They carry him out. A lot of girls were looking with worry. We got into the car and they got on the bus and we follow them to the hospital. We wait hours and hours until a doctor comes in.