Chapter 2- So What Do We Do Now?

So far the chapters have been really slow. It's the beginning so please keep reading. I'm trying to make it interesting but all my good ideas and funny parts come up later in the story when all the action happens, and I PROMISE that comes up within this chapter or the next one.

I don't know if I plan on continuing writing this story, I just get really bored, but if there's any chance that this magically becomes popular then i'll finish it for the few fans i have. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2- So What Do We Do Now?

I wake up on the couch, tv blaring, and a snoring Peter. Throwing the blanket off my body I get up and make my way over to the remote. Not wanting to take any more chances in seeing my father on television, I turned it off.

Stepping over the pizza box from the night before, I make my way to the kitchen and open the refrigerator door looking for something to eat. I grab the carton of eggs and decide to make an omelet.

I turned on the stove and mixed some eggs in a bowl. Grabbing extra ingredients from the fridge I throw them into the mixture on the stove and wait for it to finish.

A groggy Peter comes into the kitchen grabbing a bowl and some cereal. I watch him pour his Frosted Flakes and milk and dig into the bowl, taking giant sized mouthfuls. 

"Slow down, you'll choke," I joke. He just rolls his eyes.

I check on my eggs and see they're finished I grab a plate and fork and start munching on my omelet. 

The phone rings and Peter answers.

"Hello." He pauses. "Uhh, yeah. That's right." I give him a questioning look. "Sure. We'll can be there in an hour." 

'Who is that?' I mouth. He just waves me off, ignoring me.

"Alright. See you then." He hangs up the phone and goes back to stuffing his face with the rest of his cereal. After a minute or so of waiting I get tired of it.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Paul."

"Paul?"

"Yeah, from yesterday. They want us to come back down to the station today. Said they have some 'important business' to discuss." He uses finger quotes. I just nod my head and go back to my omelet. 

Peter gets up and puts his bowl up to the sink. "So we can leave in a half an hour?" I nod. He walks up the stairs.

After breakfast I pull a red t-shirt over my cami and throw on the jeans at the top of my drawer. I brush my teeth and pull my brown hair up into a tight ponytail. 10 minutes later, Peter and I are on our way to the station.

It takes longer than it did yesterday with Mr. McSpedy but we get there within the hour. We make our way inside and up to the desk.

"Hi, I'm Jamie Cansas." I smile at the women sitting at this desk. She looks up, with an expression that shows she was clearly bored out of her mind. 

"Sign in here. These are your visitors passes. Wear them before you enter into the building." The lady says in a very monotone voice. We do as she says and go into the room and wait in the waiting area. 

The door opens and Paul Dover stands there. He motions for us to come with him. I slowly get up and follow him into a room. Peter trails behind me.

Paul sits down at the chair behind the desk and Peter and I sit at the two chairs across from him.

"So we know the neither of you have jobs and there is no money put away for you to keep up the payments for your house," he starts. "so you'd have to live with a relative or go into foster care."