Chapter 4- Cupcakes in the Kitchen

Chapter 4

"Don't worry about him, Jamie." Kevin stood up from the table. "You know him right? You know he's just an ass."

"Well that's the understatement of the century," Vinny laughed.

Peter stood up now too, and soon the whole table was standing commenting on how much of a jerk Liam could be.

"Boys! You shouldn't talk about him like that." Paul yelled over our comments. Everything fell silent as Paul left the room.

"I still think he's an ass." Vinny said. Kevin shot him a glare.

I sat there awkwardly for a few seconds before speaking up. "I guess I'll go to bed now."

"Bed? Now? It's only 7." Kevin stated.

"I'll just read a book or something. Besides, there's nothing better to do." I said while shrugging.

"No you can't do that!" Vinny jumped in. "Here, come meet my monkey!" He pounced on my wrist and started suffocating my hand. I barely had any chance to respond before he was dragging me up to his room.

"Okay. Now be careful because it gets scared easily. Don't make any loud noises."

"Vinny. Come on just open the door."

"Promise. Because it would tear up my entire room."

"Fine, I promise." He opened up the door.

The first thing I noticed was the smell. It was so horrible I wondered how anyone could possibly stay in there for more than 20 seconds!

The second thing was the big furry creature sitting on his bed. It just sat there, staring at me like I was some alien person. I couldn't believe my eyes. Suddenly, it got off the bed and landed on the floor. I screamed as loud as I could and ranout of the doorway.

The next thing I knew, there was a monkey chasing me down the hallway. Do you have any idea how scary that would be?

"Jamie! I thought you said you wouldn't scream!" Vinny said picking up the monkey from the floor.

I was huffing, out of breath. "To be honest, I didn't think you had a real monkey in your room. Especially one that size."

"Awe, but he's just like a puppy. Except he has thumbs. Isn't he cute?" He asked holding him out to me right in front of my face.

I gently pushed him aside. "Uhhm, sure. But can we keep him in your room next time we go to see him. My contract stated I would only be chased by monkeys on Wednesdays."

"Oh my God! So you're in the I love monkeys club too?!"

I gave him a confused look. "No."

Vinny put his head down. "I knew it was to good to be true."

I laughed. "I love monkeys club?"

"It's not that funny."

"No. But you are." I squeezed his cheeks.

He shook his head. "Hey, watch it!" He said walking back to his room. "But at least you didn't have a banana. Mark likes bananas."

"I thought you said his name was something else earlier." I asked confused.

"Things change. You change your clothes everyday, don't you?"

I laughed, "I try to."

"Then don't judge."

I just shook my head. "Alright."

I watched as Vinny put 'Mark' away in his cage. "So do you know what you're wearing to the picnic yet?" Vinny asked.