Chapter 5- Lobster Tails and Almost Kisses

I slid my hands over my pink sundress, taking out all the wrinkles. Looking in the mirror I put on some clear lip gloss. I stepped back to examine myself. 

The pink dress hugged my hips making my waist look tiny. My long, brown hair was pulled into a ponytail, curled at the ends. I had white ballet flats that made my legs look tan, which I loved. I decided this was it and walked out of my room towards the hallway.

As I walked down the steps I could hear voices coming from outside. I walked around towards the back and opened the door which led to outside. I watched my feet as I walked outside so I wouldn't trip in front of people I was supposed to make a good impression on. 

I made it safely outside and smiled to myself, looking up. To my amazement the backyard looked like a fairytale. Even though the sun was still shinning there were bright lights hung from the trees surrounding the huge backyard. Several decorations were scattered around the yard. Towards the very back was a big white canopy, where the food must be.

Almost instantly my stomach growled and I realized I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast early this morning.

I decided to take a trip to the food and 'sample' a few things before I searched for one of the boys. 

As soon as I stepped foot under the canopy sweet smells filled my senses and I got excited to try as much food as I can. I walked up to the back of  a relatively short line and tried to catch a peek of the delicious smells.

After a short while I made it to the front and the first thing I saw was lobster. I bit my lip to keep from licking them as I picked up one of the tails. I made it to the end of the line with the lobster tail, broccoli, mashed potatoes and homemade mac and cheese. There was still more food but I figured I would come back for more later.

I turned to go find a table but unfortunately I didn't make it that far. 

I ran into a tall figure and dropped my food fell onto the person's shirt and all over the ground. "My food!" I yelled as I went down to investigate the disaster. "Oh no! What about my food?"

I momentarily forgot the other person in this food murder until they bent down as well and started to chuckle.

"I'm sure it'll be okay."

I looked up from my lobster and my eyes fell on large brown ones. They looked exactly like-

"Haven't seen you around one of these before you must be Jamie." The boy smiled.

I nodded, still staring at the eyes. They were so familiar, yet I know I haven't meet this boy before. He said so himself.

"My name is Dominic. I'm cousins with the boys- Kevin, Liam, and Vinny."

Realization struck my mind as I remembered this was a family cookout. The eyes were the exact same as the rest of the family. 

I smiled at him, "It's nice to meet you Dominic." I looked down to to his body where I realized there were stains all over his clothes. "Oh my God!" I yelled trying to grab for his shirt. He looked scared for a moment before looking down himself and seeing the stains.

"I'm so sorry," I said, thinking. If only I knew where the boys were I could tell them to get him a spare shirt. I'm sure one of the three was around his size. 

"Come with me." I grabbed his arm and started pulling him around the yard, searching for one of the boys. 

After a few minutes of searching I decided the boys were no where to be found.

"Why are we running around in circles?" Dominic asked, sounding amused. 

"Sorry," I laughed and slowed to a stop. "Just trying to find one of the boys. I thought they could loan you a shirt."