Chapter 6- Boys Can Be Stupid

As I sat in my room I could hear all the people outside talking, laughing or just having the content feeling of being around family.

I haven't even been able to take in all that happened yet. I was outside for five minutes. Only five minutes later and I almost kissed a boy I barely knew, who's cousins with the boy I like. It was so hard to wrap my head around it all. All I was thinking was how stupid I was being.

I got up from my bed and walked over to my window to open the curtains. Just as I suspected everyone was happy.

I played the scene over and over in my mind. Leaning into the kiss, seeing Liam's face, hearing the door slam shut, Dominic saying 'the way he looked at you', the tears as I was-

Wait, what? Did Dominic think that Liam liked me? He's a guy, right? He knows what he's talking about. 

Well even if Liam did like me there was absolutely no way he would now. 

I shut my blinds and flopped back down onto my bed, staring at the ceiling.

There was no way Liam liked me. I'm not his type. I'm not drop dead gorgeous. I'm not stick-thin. I'm not blond. And I don't throw myself at every boy I see. I couldn't even use all the fingers on my right hand while naming all my past boyfriends.

There was a knock at the door and my head shot up from the pillow. 

"Come in," I said, wiping under my eyes in case my make-up had smeared.

Kevin came inside my room and walked over to the bed. I swung my legs of to the side so I was sitting up, and patted the spot right next to me. He sat down next to me.

"My brothers do things that not most people understand."

I shifted in my spot uncomfortable of how forward he was about this topic.

"For example, Vinny has a pet monkey. Now correct me if I'm wrong because I'm in college now, but not many teenage boys have a pet monkey."

I giggled. "You are correct."

"He's one of the weirdest people I've ever met in my entire life. He can talk about anything and he loves making people laugh. And despite how weird he is, I still love him."

I looked away realizing where this was going.

"And my other brother, you know, the douchebag, he has this way of pulling with your emotions to make you feel one thing and the next second you feel like you just got the wind knocked out of you. But I still love him, too."

I wanted to say 'Yes. That's exactly how I feel.' but decided against it.

"He can act like a friend, then walk out on you in the next second. He can act like he likes you, then completely flip out on you the next."

He turned my head so I was facing him.

"Dominic told me what happened with Liam. Now I don't know if you ever had a relationship with Liam in the past or not but I hate seeing a girl upset." I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "And don't try denying anything because you wouldn't be up here when there is a party down there."

I sighed and looked down on the ground.

"I don't know what's going on with you two, and I don't want to get in the middle of it either, but give him some time. He'll get over it, he always does. Now what do you say? Do you want to go down and party with me?"

I thought about it for a moment.

"How about we go down and get some food. I'm starving." I smiled.

Woah, two in one week?! Some type of disater must be happening!

Okay so I notice this is short. Like really short, but it's just a filler chapter. And sorry this chapter stinks, but like I said it's just a filler chapter. :( At least I updated. Also, check out my new story, Twice Upon a Time. It's going to be a really cute story and I'm really excited for it!

Come back for more soon! (: Comment, vote, fan, tell your friends!