Chapter 3- Dinner with the Monkeys

Chapter 3- Dinner With the Monkeys. Wait, What?

"Rolling in the deeeeeeeeeeeepppp!" 

Vinny was singing, no screeching the lyrics for what seems like dear life. For the last ten minutes of the car ride he just wouldn't shut up! I got lucky and was sitting in-between Kevin and his brother, while each one yells a new comeback to the other.

After loading the rest of our stuff up, we all gathered in the van and started off to the Dover's house. Apparently Liam was to cool to come and see us. They said that he pretty much is never around and is what you would call the black sheep in there family. Hmm, seems like a nice guy. *cough*

"Vinny, for the last time. Shut. UP!" Kevin screamed from the left side of me.

"You had my heart insidddeee your haaand!" This time he was practically screaming, which was not any better than his actually singing voice. "Any you played it- Hey!" Paul turned the radio off. Vinny sulked in his seat and looked out the window. 

I finally got a good chance to see what he looked like. He had brown hair, but it wasn't as dark as his brothers. He had brown eyes and cute little chubby cheeks that I wanted to grab at every ten seconds. He wasn't as tall as his brother, and certainly not as muscular, but he wasn't scrawny either.

"Take a picture. It lasts longer." Vinny said.

I realized I was staring and looked out the window.

I looked up at the road in front of us to see that instead of the highway we were just recently on, it was now a dirt road. Please don't let me live in the middle of nowhere, please don't make me, I prayed to myself.

My wish was granted when we made a right hand turn into a paved driveway. Then I saw the house in front of me. No wonder they let us move in. It was huge!

It was a nice brick house that stretched out to be four times the size of a normal home and was probably two stories high- a mansion. It had lots of windows, but I guessed that was because there were plenty of rooms. The grass was as green as I've ever seen it, but the landscaping could be better. That's where a girl like me will come in. 

The house seemed to be on a couple acres- at least 4- because the yard was huge! There was a swimming pool off in the back, a field for what looks like quads, and a garage that probably held all the outdoor equipment that seemed to be a miniature house all by itself!

"So I'm guessing you like it?" Kevin asked hopefully.

I turned to him, "Like it? It's a dream!" I smiled a big smile. 

He laughed. "I'm glad you like it. You'll be staying here for a while."

I turned back to the window to see we were parked. Paul and Peter were already starting to get out of the car and Vinny was just a step or two behind them. I slid over behind him and hopped out my feet hitting solid ground. 

"Okay boys, and uh, Jamie, let's get this stuff inside before it rains." Paul said. All of us were now looking up at the sky to see a giant rain cloud forming above us.

We hurried up to get everything inside. I was on my second to last trip before Vinny caught up with me. "So we go to the same school, right?" He asked curiously.

"Do we? I don't remember seeing you around."

"That's probably because I'm going to be a freshman, like Peter." He said nodding his head Peter's direction.

"Oh. Okay then. I'll be a senior." I added with a smile.

"So you're in Liam's grade?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Wait, Liam Dover is your brother?"