Family

"This is my dorm. Every Creepypasta gets a dorm here at the mansion. Unfortunately, being so many of us, we have to share." Jeff tells me as we reach a door covered with sayings like 'Go To Sleep' and 'You Shouldn't Have Done That'.
"So, whose your roommate?" I ask.
"His name is BEN, he's probably playing video games right now. Come on in." He says opening the door for me.

I walk into a disaster. The floor is filled with mold, the paint of the walls is peeling, clothes are spread everywhere, plates of food are scattered, and I swear I saw some rats.
"Does anyone ever clean?" I say covering my nose from the smell.
"Heh. Uh.. No." Jeff says awkwardly. "BEN! YOU HOME?!" Jeff yells.
"Yeah! In the living room!" A voice responds.
I follow Jeff to the living room, and see a blonde boy- a replica of Link. But he had pitch black eyes with blood pouring out. He looked to be around 12.
"Hey Je- woah." He whistles while eyeing me. "You didn't tell me you'd be bringing home a special lady." He smirked at Jeff.
"D-dude! It's not that! She's the new Creepypasta!" He stutters at him. I could see the pink in his cheeks.. I smiled at the big idiot.
"Oh! Yeah, words been goin' on around the mansion about a new member. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole town knew by now. So you sayin' she's available?" He winked and got up, leaning against a wooden beam.
"Wait- how do people know already?" Jeff asked, completely forgetting I'm even here.
"You know Ann. Girl can't keep her mouth shut even if her life depended on it... Hah!" He started bursting into laughs, while managing to get out, "Considering she's already dead!" He wheezed.
"God dammit. She ain't even in the family yet! She's still got the tests. Which she already failed at the first one." Jeff sighed. BEN jumped on the sofa, and Jeff followed, taking a seat.
"Well? You gonna sit?" Jeff asked.
"There's rat poop." I stared at him.
"Here," he said pulling up a chair next to him. I sat down, but not before I checked for anything wrong with the seat.

"You failed the history test?" BEN asked, a bit shocked.
"They shouldn't even call it a bloody history test! It's war!" I yelled, leaning back on the chair.
"Who fails at the history test. It's literally the easiest thing ever! All you gotta do is kill, survive for a certain amount of time, and make sure ya win." BEN responds.
"Well excuse me princess." I roll my eyes.
"Hey, give her a break. The tests are stressful- we all took them." Jeff says crossing his arms.
"Which reminds me- Jeff what is the second test? And how many tests are there?" I ask, leaning even more backwards.
"There are 5 tests, each containing more difficulty. The next test should to heal yourself without the help of a team mate." Jeff said.
"Basically, Slender sends you into another virtual place where you're critically injured and the cops are on your tail. You have to heal yourself and escape, find the well, and jump in it. You have to do it under 30 minutes." BEN said.
"How do I heal myself?! In under 30 minutes?!" I ask, continuing to lean on the 2 feet of the chair.
"Creepyapastas have the ability to heal themselves automatically. But in your case, you'd have to break into a house, and get their medical supply, without being caught by the family, or cops." Jeff answered my question.
"Man..these tests really are difficult." I sigh.
"Don't worry, they get easier. Okay, that's a lie, but you gotta pass at least 3 tests to live. And if you fail 2 you're outta here. Literally." BEN Told me, getting up from the sofa.

"That brings me to another question, what happens if I don't pass?" I ask.
"Then your mentor kills you." He responded, and I fall backwards from my chair.
"Je-Jeff kills me?" I ask, bruised from the fall.
"Yeah, which is why you need to pass." Jeff said, helping me up.
"When does the next test start?" I ask, getting up.
"Who knows. Slender just calls randomly when ever he wants. Usually it's less than 5 days though." Jeff says.
"Let's not worry her with all these tests. I want to introduce her to the fam!" BEN cheers.
"Fine, fine. Come on (Y/N)." Jeff agrees. I try and take my mind off the tests and follow BEN and Jeff out the door.

-

We walked down the stairs and into the dinning room.
"Guys! Glad y'all came." BEN shouted.
"Well you said it was an emergency so.." A man with black hair and a long black and white nose said.
"And it sure as hell is." BEN responded.
"This is (Y/N). She's the new CP in training." Jeff said wrapping his arm around me.
"This little chick? Hm.." The man came up to me, with every other member following. Looking at me, up and down, studying every inch of my face.
"I'm Laughing Jack! Nice to meet you deary." He grinned, showing me his sharp-shark like teeth.
"I'm Lost Silver.." A boy with no legs or arms says in a low voice. Soon, person after person introduces themselves to me. I discover how they became a Creepypasta and their past.. It's honestly sad.. How much they've been through yet they keep moving forward.

After introductions, everyone began celebrating that I was a new member. Well.. If I pass the tests. This whole thing scares me really.. I never asked for this! I spot Jeff sitting alone in the corner, drinking. Obviously, I walk to him.
"Hey Jeff." I say grabbing a chair and sitting next to him.
"Hey." He says back, not looking at me.
"What's wrong?" I ask concerned.
"Nothing. Go enjoy the party." He says, taking a sip of his drink.
"How can I have fun when my friend isn't?" I say determined to figure out what's wrong. He looks surprised for a second but looks back down.
"You're not going anywhere unless I tell you, are you?" He sighs in defeat.
"Nope."
"Fine then.. It's just. You know how everyone was telling their pasts? Well.. I never told you mine.." Jeff says. "It's because I'm ashamed. I killed my parents- my own brother. Just because I wanted to. She lied.. My insanity took over- I didn't want to do it!" Jeff screams and runs out the room.
"Jeff- WAIT!" I yell at him- but he kept running. No one even paid attention, so I ran after him.

-

"Jeff.. Open up.." I say sitting down, my back leaning on his door.
"Why do you want to be my friend? I could snap and kill you in an instant." He replied. His voice was close so I assumed he was also sitting behind the door.
"Yeah you could, but I know you won't. Friendship is about trust, and I trust you."
"So did my brother, and look what happened." He sighs. I could hear all the pain and regret in his voice.
"You know he still loves you." I whisper. No response.
"You may not believe me, and that's fine, but no matter what happens you're his brother, and he loves you. He forgives you, Jeff. I know he does. You love him, you regret what you did, it wasn't your fault... That wasn't, the real you." I say softly.
I hear the door open behind me, and there stood Jeff, eyes watery.
"(Y-Y/N)..." He sniffled and pulled me into a hug. People see him as a monster.. As someone who can't love. A creature born to kill. Rude, mean, disrespectful.. But they don't know what's under his mask. A scared boy, wanting someone to love. And I bet all the members feel the same way.. Hurt and betrayed. They kill, because it's the only thing they know how to do. They kill, for power, and respect, something they never felt in the Overworld. It's not their fault,
"It's not your fault.." I whisper and hug him tighter.

-

While hugging him, Jeff grew tired, and decided to sleep. I wanted to clean around the house while he slept, and that's exactly what I did. It took 4 whole hours, but I managed.. I could finally see the floor, and the dorm looked so beautiful now.
Tired, and sleepy, I went to check up on Jeff before I decided to take a nap. I quietly open the his bedroom door to see him sound asleep. I forgot his eyelids were burned off, so it made sense for him to be sleeping with a blindfold. I walk over to him and rub my hand through his hair.. So soft.. I wonder what he's dreaming about. The more I look at him, the more I can't look away. There's this feeling in me, my heart keeps beating, my face gets hot, why do I feel this way?

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" I hear a familiar voice call. I run out the bedroom and see BEN looking around the room for me.
"You called?" I ask, nervous. He stared for a bit, but continued.
"Slender told me to come get you, it's time for your second test." He says.
"What?! B-but it's almost 10- I haven't slept- I haven't gone to the restroom- I'm not even ready! Do you see how tired I am?!" I yell, trying not to wake up Jeff.
"Can't question the boss love. Now c'mon. Slender doesn't like to be kept waiting." And BEN left the dorm as quickly as he came.