Rest

After the Fourth Test we still had some time left before we had to go to sleep. Everyone left to their dorms, but me and (Y/N) decided to walk around the town. It was a quiet night, hardly anyone was on the streets. Just the moon shining down. We really didn't say much at first, it was just us and the noises of the night. The cool breeze rushing against us- it truly was magical.
"Tomorrow's the day." I spoke, breaking the silence.
"Yup.. By the way- P told me. About you pretending to hate me.. I don't know if you know, but I was also pretending."
"Yeah.. Don't worry I kinda figured it out earlier. The way you looked at me.. I saw no hate." I say softly. She nods.
"Jeff, you've changed. Jane told me you're suppose to be some tough guy who strikes fear, who's a sarcastic jerk, someone who has no feelings and plays to much. At least that's what she said."
"Well she's not wrong. That's how I was. I loved killing innocent people. I was mean, and always had to have the last word. I was stubborn." I look up at the sky.
"So.. How come that's not the Jeff I know?" She stops and looks at me. I stop a few feet in front of her so she can only see my back.
"Because that Jeff wasn't real. Just an act. An act to hide who I really am. I guess once you entered my life- it's like my shell was broken. I didn't need to hide who I truly am."
"That's funny." She says.
"How so?" I reply still not looking back.
"Because I was the same way. A girl who was always the freak. I never let anyone close to my heart- I was afraid of love. Mostly because I never really had love in my life. After my sister died, I kinda shut myself off. Put up this barrier around my heart. And a fake persona. A sour person who scowled at everyone and everything. I loved hurting people.. I suppose because I was hurt and I didn't want others to be happy. But then," she paused. "Then, I met you." I turned around.
"And I knew how it was to let someone in my heart. A friend." I smiled.
"It's strange though." I said.
"Hm?"
"Well, I have other friends. BEN, Kate, Masky and more. But I wonder- why do I feel this way only with you?"
"I ask myself that question too. I had Sharon- my best friend since birth- but even with her I couldn't show her my real self."
We just stare at each other for what felt like an eternity.
"Maybe it's just fate." I lied.
I knew it was much more. A feeling I'd forgotten long ago. A feeling I threw away. A feeling now climbing it's way back to my heart. Love.
But it was my choice weather I'd let it back in.
"Maybe it is." She smiled. She turned back around and started walking back to the mansion; I followed quickly behind.
Until tomorrow.