The Third Test

Day 2

I slept on the couch, and woke up to see BEN next to me.
"BEN..?" I mumble. I look over to see its 6 am.
"I feel awful (Y/N).." He whispers.
"About what?" I ask facing him.
"I hate seeing you suffer- and Jeff- I haven't seen him this angry or hurt since he first joined.. I hate holding it in. Creepypasta's are suppose to be made of hate. But why does this hurt... We were all human once!" He groans.
"It's not your fault BEN.. This is for Jeff. You know that.."
"Yeah but.. Okay.. So he loves you, and you love him, but Creepypasta's can't love. So the longer he loves you, the closer he is to death?"
"Yeah.. And Ann placed a chip in Jeff's neck while he was asleep to measure the 'love scale'. Basically to see him going from love to hate.. I can't believe I ever let myself fall in love with him.. He just seemed lost, I was lost, and then I met him.."
"(Y/N), you really love him, don't you.." He asked.
"I never realized how much I did until I started to lose him.. Sooner or later he'll hate me BEN. He makes me so happy, like nothing can go wrong. My pain, my fear, goes away when I'm with him. BEN.. I don't want to lose him." I start crying before I know it. He grabs my hand.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N).."
"I never should've killed my mother.. I never should've." I cry even harder.

Out of the corner of my eye Jeff comes out from the shadows.
I hope he didn't hear-
"Slender man said its time for the Third test." He said giving me a nasty look.
He didn't hear.

-

"Welcome, (Y/N). The third test is a little bit harder, but should be something a Creepypasta can handle." The Slender Man said. This time, Ann was also in the room. Along with Jeff and BEN.
"Can you explain the rules please.." I mumble. I'm tired, heart broken, and angry.
"It's simple, you have to kill your mentor." He responded.
"Wait- what?!" I shout.
"In a virtual reality." He finished.
"Hold on- I never did that test-" BEN said.
"Should be no big deal. She already hates me as I've noticed." Jeff says while eyeing me. Ann gave me a nod.
"Yeah- it's no big deal." I mumble. That Ann is really pissing me off.
"Perfect. You have 15 minutes. Do not fail. One more fail-"
"I know. Let's just do this." I said annoyed. He straps me it, places the helmet on me, and before I knew it I was back in the virtual world.

"Hey- (Y/N)." I heard Jeff's voice. I was in an arena, surrounded by a glass like dome. I noticed I had a knife in my hand.
"You ready to get your ass whooped?" He asked.
It's not real.
"It's not like you can defeat me. You're pathetic."
Not real.
"So pathetic, to the point where no one can love you."
Not-
"Not even your own mother."
Real.
"SHUT UP!" I scream and run towards Jeff.
"There's the anger!" He grins. I raise the knife over his head- and slam it down- but he blocks my attack with his arm.
"Why are you fighting- give up." He groaned.
I grabbed his right hand with my left, and kicked him in the stomach- knocking him backwards.
"I'm not giving up." I say.
"You really suck at this whole test thing don't you?" He smirks spitting blood.
But I don't see Jeff anymore. I see Ann. And all I can think is about chopping off that head.
"IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I scream and run towards him full speed. I grab him by the hair, place my foot on his tail bone and slam his head into the dome. I turn him over, and punch him in the jaw, but he grabs my neck and starts choking me.
"You know I never really liked you-" he struggles to say. My knife- it's too far to reach.
"To think- a girl like you could be friends with someone like me."
I almost have it.
"A girl who can't even past the first test."
So close
"A girl who lets other boss her around. A girl who can't even live her own life!"
Got it.
"NGH!" I grab the knife and was about to stab him- chest first- but then I saw his eyes. His hazel blue eyes.
"What am I doing?" I ask my self.
He looks at me- as if he changed his heart too- but then his innocent eyes filled with sin.
"That's your problem!" He said and pushed me down to where he was on top.
"You still see me. Why don't you try to see the person you hate the most. The person who's making you suffer!" He punched my eye, and I couldn't see from it.
"You're right about one thing. I still see you, Jeff. Maybe it's time I start seeing Ann instead." I groan in pain. And there it was. The adrenaline I was missing, the anger, the spark. The same spark I had when I killed my mother.
I head butted Jeff- No, Ann- and pushed him off me. I grabbed my knife and plunged it deep within his heart.
"That's for taking away my best friend you bitch." I spit on his face and get up. I had 9 minutes to spare.
"YOU SEE THAT, YOU SON OF A BITCH?!" I yell. I wanted Ann to know just how much I hated her. How much pain she's causing me.
"YOU SHOULD BE DAMN LUCKY THIS AIN'T REAL. YOU SHOULD ALL BE."
And I was soon being transported back into reality.

Everyone was staring at me- including Jeff. I realized I was untied and pushed the helmet off me.
"Now that's the face of a true, Creepypasta. Amazing work." Said Slender.
"I'm going to the dorm. Bother me, and I'll chop your fucking head off." I said facing Ann. I saw the scale go down to Mediocre. But the thing is- I wanted to feel good about it. About me saving Jeffery about dying from love. But I felt more alone then ever now.

-

I was sitting on the couch, alone, scared, terrified. What have I turned into?
"Hey." BEN said walking in with Jeff. Jeff looked at me.
"What?" I said angrily. I don't why I'm treating him this way. I don't even think it's about the Love Scale anymore.
"Nothing. I'm just trying to remember who you were." He said, and walked off.

Jeffs POV

Damn. I need to tell her- I need to tell her that I know. I over heard BEN and (Y/N)'s conversation this morning.. Ann's making me try to hate her? My friend? That bitch.. Aw fuck I don't know what to do.
"So you know." I look up and see BEN standing in the doorway. I look back down.
"Yeah.. I know all of it.." BEN sits down next to me.
"Are you seriously not loving her anymore? Why does the Love scale keep going down?"
"I took the chip out. My guess is the scale is naturally going to hate, it's shutting down since it has no power source. But BEN here's the thing.. I don't even fucking know if I love her. It's been too damn long since I've felt this emotion. Last time I felt this way, I showed my 'love' by burning her alive in front of her dead family and friends.."
"Wait- Ja-?"
"All I know is that she's my friend, and I don't want her gone. There has to be another way. I don't want to die- but I don't want to loose her." I say, cutting him off.

"There may be one way.. But you have to be willing to sacrifice everything. Can you do that? Can you do that for the only other person who understands you? The only person who you could truly care for you? The only one besides Liu?"
I didn't say anything, BEN was right. She's the only person I've felt close to since.. The incident.
"Of course BEN. I'd do anything. But the thing is- She already hates me- why do you think she's acting that way-"
I was cut off because BEN SLAPPED ME!

"Jeff you stupid piece of shit. Of course she loves you god damn it. She's making you try to hate her, so you can live! I'm pretty sure that's a sign of true love you fat ass. And boy- You really think you'd be sick if you didn't love her?! NO! You're sick cause you do love her!!"
I stayed silent.
"You're my friend Jeff, but you are a dumb ass. Alright.. Here's the option Ann never mentioned to (Y/N), because only a stupid person would pick the second option. And you're pretty stupid so this is why I'm telling you. Okay, so basically you and (Y/N) can still remain as friends, with no one getting killed, but only if you..."