Chapter 17 - Cello

Author's Note: Sorry guys, this chapter is a little long. Hope you enjoy it (lots of things explained in this one)! Don't forget to press the star and comment.

-----
17 - Cello
We're nearly at the stairs, when the singing starts.

Your smile makes me
Feel completely golden
I guess I wanna hold you tight
'Till we grow grey n' old

It's a fast cheerful song, the kind that shoots right into your stomach and makes you want to dance madly, I don't know why, but I pause and turn my head.

True, you won't be my queen
Or even a bride in white
But we're two souls that can be one
So let's walk one road tonight

I catch sight of the spike-haired man onstage; with his evil glare and crooked smile, strumming on his electric guitar, smoke rising all about him; he embodies the perfect rock n' roll image. I know what this song is about and while I want to dance to it, I also don't want to hear another note. I turn back towards the stairs, grab Syianne by the arm and begin ascending.

Can't you tell? Can't you tell?
Oh baby, can't you tell?
We're on a road to no place good
We're on the road to hell

"Hey!" A hand catches my wrist and I stop on the stairs and turn to look at Minty. "You're leaving already?"

"We're tired," I say, pulling my hand away. She stares at me, the hurt in her eyes very obvious.

"Don't you wanna hang out?"

"Later," I tell her and continue walking up, leaving her behind.

I say my love, to hell
We're on one road, one road, one road
We're on one road to hell

By the time we reach our floor, the song is just an indistinguishable jumble of noise and beats. I feel like there's a dark monster inside my stomach and I let go of Syianne's arm as I fish for the key to our room. I reach the door numbered 215 and unlock it.

"I really thought we had a connection, you know?"

My head jerks up. Minty is standing right by the door with her back against the wall, I don't really know how she got there, maybe there's another set of stairs on the other side of the corridor. I forget to wonder how she knows my room number.

"Listen, I'm sorry, but I don't think we'd get along."

I turn to grab Syianne –

But she's gone.

Minty pushes into the room, wearing a nasty grin as she catches the front of my shirt and pulls me in after her. We're just inside and she reaches past me slamming the door shut. She comes closer and I have no choice but to edge away until my back meets the closed door. This girl has me trapped.

She looks at me intently, her grey eyes still doll-like. "I have a very good sense for these things," she says, coming sickeningly close to me. "I like you, for real."

"Uh – " is all I manage to say before she presses her body to mine and starts kissing me.

And, well, although it's embarrassing to admit, I guess I kiss her back because she's gone to all the trouble of starting it. I might be a bit shy and inexperienced, but it's not like she's ugly or unattractive, she's actually the exact opposite of unattractive.

That is, she's attractive.

Things get rather heated up with her. I'm worried about Syianne, I shouldn't be doing this but my mind keeps going blank, I don't even get the chance to think of what's going on. But then she does something completely unexpected, she's suddenly digging her very sharp nails into the side of my head, in that soft spot right above my ear, and she pulls a huge black slug out of my skull.