Friend Zoned {13}

“How do you think Gideon’s going to be today?” Sonnet asked with a frown.

                “Probably the definition of misery,” Ethan said with a shrug.

                “Ethan! Don’t say that!” I said sternly. I hated seeing Gideon upset.

                “Well the guy just found out that his beloved boyfriend is actually a sadistic piece of shit,” Ethan pointed out. “I don’t exactly think he’s going to be squealing with joy at that knowledge.”

                “Look, I’ll go check on him. You guys just…stay here and be sarcastic together,” I said.

                “Why can’t we come?” Ethan asked with pout.

                “Ethan, just let Benji go. Benji might be the only person who can comfort Gideon right now,” Sonnet said, gripping Ethan’s arm and dragging him down the hallway.

                I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the senior hallway. God, poor Gideon was probably a wreck this morning.

                “Benji!”

                I spun in surprise as Jude hurried over to me. He stopped in front of me and searched my face with those impossibly black eyes of his.

                “I’m sorry,” he said at last. “I’m sorry about everything I did to you and Ethan. Can we try to get along?”

                “I’m sorry you take me for a fool. I’m not falling for your tricks again Judeikas,” I growled, slamming by him.

                He grabbed my arm and spun me to face him, anger coming to his face. “You don’t get it Benji,” he hissed. “I lost Gideon because of you. If I have to get along with you to get him back, I’ll do it.”

                “No,” I said, yanking my arm out of his grip. “I do get it Jude. I get that your parents spoiled you so badly that you think you can have whatever you want. But you can’t buy Gideon. You lose this time, and I feel no pity for you. It’ll do you good to learn that you don’t get everything you want.”

                “Don’t even act like you know me and my parents!” he snapped. “My father came from a poverty stricken family of 7! He grew up in a broken home, and when his dad finally left the family, they were so poor they could barely afford to eat every week! And my mother grew up with poor parents too! So yea, they spoil me a little because they want me to have what they never did. But if you think that they didn’t teach me how to work for things, then you’re damn wrong! They worked hard their whole lives, and they taught me how to work!”

                He clenched his fists tightly. “And I’ll do all the damn work I have to in order to get Gideon back. I love him Benji.” Slight color rose in his cheeks. “I gave him my virginity. I did everything I possibly could to make him happy. I would do anything for Gideon. And you fucked that up for me. The only reason I haven’t beaten the shit out of you is because it would upset him!”

                “I didn’t ruin it for you. You ruined it for yourself. He deserved to see how much of a heartless bastard you are,” I said coldly.

                “I care about Gideon. I would never hurt him,” Jude said.

                “You did hurt him. By hurting the people he cared about, you hurt him,” I said. “Game over Jude. If you come after us, or send anyone after us, Gideon will know now. So you might as well leave us alone and move on already.”