Friend Zoned {20}

“Bye Gideon. I’ll pick you up tomorrow at noon,” I said, kissing him.

                “See you then Greyson,” he said, smiling and leaving.

                I shut my front door and turned, sprinting upstairs. I grabbed Sonnet and Ethan and dragged them into my bedroom, pushing them onto my bed.

                “If you wanted to have your wicked way with us, all you had to do was ask,” Ethan said.

                I shut my bedroom door and spun to face them. “I NEED TO TAKE HIM ON A SPECIAL DATE AND I’M ABOUT AS ROMANTIC AS A TOASTER.”

                “I don’t know. Toasters are pretty romantic,” Ethan said.

                “Ethan, I’m being serious!” I said, dropping onto my chair and groaning. “What do I do?”

                “Well, you know Gideon better than any of us. He’s your best friend. What do you think he’d want to do?” Sonnet asked.

                “I don’t know,” I said, suddenly feeling upset. “Jude could take him anywhere. Jude could afford to take him to the moon, if he wanted to. I’m a broke teen boy.”

                “Oh, snap out of it,” Sonnet said, rolling her eyes and slapping me. “You know Gideon doesn’t care about money. Quit feeling sorry for yourself just because you’re unemployed. You could take him to the moon, or go for a walk down the street. He doesn’t care, and you know it.”

                “If you want to have a practice date, I’ll help,” Ethan offered, grinning.

                “Ethan, I hate you,” I told him patiently.

                I began to pace around my room, desperately wishing I had a beard so I could stroke it. Where the hell was I supposed to take Gideon? Where had Jude taken him? WHAT DID HE LIKE TO DO?

                There was a knock on my bedroom door and then Will poked his head in. I motioned at him to come inside, and he did.

                “Hey Benji. Is that dick leaving you guys alone?” he asked.

                “Yea. Thanks so much for that Will,” I said gratefully.

                “Anytime,” he said with a nod. He glanced at Sonnet. “Let’s go, brat.”

                “I’m coming fatass,” Sonnet grumbled, getting up.

                “Will, where do you go on dates?” I asked.

                “Well, I’m a college student. So a cheap dinner and then a hike, typically,” Will said with a shrug.

                “Oh please. Will doesn’t get dates, Benji,” Sonnet said.

                “I’ll give him a date,” Ethan said with a wink.

                “Sonnet, please get some straight friends,” Will groaned.

                “If you ever go gay for Ethan, I will murder you William,” Sonnet threatened.

                “I don’t plan on going gay for anyone. I’m straight,” Will grunted.