Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Song: Young And Stupid by Hedley

~~~

"I'm not going to rehab. I'm an adult, I make my own decision, and I am not going to rehab. That is final!" Liz said to me sternly, looking me right in the eye. She had repeated this several times since I first mentioned this, ever since I had discovered the drugs in her suitcase. I thought if I suggested the idea enough times I could wear her down, but that wasn't going according to plan. I had suggested it for her own good, but she took it as an insult. 

I knew she needed the help. It has only been a couple hours since I found out about those drugs, and things have already sunk to rock bottom. When I found those needles, I took them outside, lighting them on fire, destroying her way of destroying herself. I held her back as the substance burnt on the ground, but her strength made a surprise appearance, and she pried herself out of my arms. She reached for the bag of needles through the flames, her arms earning the burns which I was taking care of now, but she still wouldn't stop trying until I had to forcefully drag her inside. 

"But you have to stop. You can't let yourself just fade away like this" I retorted. 

"Why not?" She asked sadly, her anger dispersing. 

"Because I want you alive! I want you to live your life...with me!" I said back. 

"There's no point Harry...I was like this before Nick came around, I was hanging by a thread. Then I met Nick, and he made me want to live. He made me want to enjoy myself. And now he's gone, and he took all he gave me back with him" 

I couldn't say anything after that. It was hard to hear Nick's name over and over again. To be told that he saved her, and now I had to follow in his footsteps. "I'm here now, and I'm going to do exactly what he did" I said softly, even though she probably didn't hear; too busy staring down at the burns that covered the small permanent marks on her arms. 

I left the bathroom, not sensing a need for me with her. Even though she may not want me, I'm here to stay. I love her and I'm getting her back to the way she was, no matter what. I walked into her room, straight away prying open the drawer of her dresser that I knew contained several illegal substances. I was praying to god Liz wouldn't show up and know what I was doing. 

As soon as the drawer was open, the stingy smell hit me right away. That odour that I couldn't stand. I grabbed all the contents of the drawer, emptying them into the plastic bag lying on the side. I walked outside once again with the bag. Grabbing the lighter that was on the ground, I lit the pile of drugs, watching them immediately erupt into flames. Well, her current possession was taken care of, now I just had to watch her every minute of every day, making sure she doesn't go back to it. 

I went back inside once all the drugs were turned into ashes, leaving a black burn on the ground. Making my way to Liz, who was still seated on the bathroom counter where I had left her? "Come on. Let's go make dinner" I said to her, holding out my hand for her to take, but she didn't. I could tell she was rather upset, but I was doing this for her own good. She had to stay with me so I could keep an eye on her; she had to be attached at my hip. I asked her again, only this time not waiting for an answer. I picked her up off the counter, covering her mouth with my hand to stop any screams, and carried her to the kitchen, ready to make dinner. 

I placed her on the counter, and got out the ingredients for the meal. I was going to make her favourite since I was the reason for her mood, Homemade Pizza. I tried to get her to help but she didn't do anything. She didn't want to. She was so lifeless, and I almost felt like giving into her and giving her some type of drug, but I wouldn't cave so quickly. She couldn't keep doing all that, it was killing her.