Epilogue

Epilogue

Song: Careful Where You Stand by Coldplay

~~~

"How does she look? Is she ready? Gabe you have to answer me" I spoke to my son, as he did up my bow tie, ignoring my questioning. He lightly smacked my shoulder, telling me not to fuss, to stay still; obviously I was making this hard for him.

"Harry, she looks just as beautiful as she did 10 years ago, stop worrying" He replied, bringing my suit jacket over my shoulders, nudging me to wear it.

"But I just...what if something goes wrong?" I asked, it was natural for me to worry at my own wedding. Well at my wedding anniversary. Liz and I were renewing our vows after on our 10th year as a married couple, and I was just as nervous as I was the first time. After all I had a reason to be, Lizzy was known for doing quite unpredictable things at times like these. At our first wedding, she ran away, not at the idea of not being with me, but more to the idea of commitment. But eventually we did end up tying the knot, just a couple hours later than expected.

"Everything's going to be fine, Harry. And mom looks beautiful" Gabe said to me, while handing the ring to Max, my younger son. He was the ring bear and Gabe, my best man. Gabe was pretty much the same still, half Liz and half Nick, with my personality. Max however had her eyes, and my curly hair and dimples. He was too much like Liz, already wanting tattoos and piercings, always getting in trouble in school; he was the rebel of the family.

Both had grown up so much, 14 and 10 years old now and I was really proud. Sure, he one wasn't technically my son, but I treated him like it, and he treated me like his father, even though he didn't call me that. But that was okay, Nick wasn't someone I wanted to replace in their lives, I just wanted to make room for myself, and that happened perfectly.

Just then, there was a knock on the door, to which I answered 'come in'. Niall was at the door, letting me know that everyone is seated at it's time to go to the altar. I followed him as he led me where to go, with Gabe still on my back, making last minute touches, which were honestly getting annoying, but I didn't have the heart to push him away. Max walked ahead and stood at the altar, holding the ring with him, and Niall guided Gabe to the rest of the groomsmen and me to the altar.

I saw there my mum, dad, my step-dad, all my cousins and aunts and uncles, all our friends. It was nice to relive such a momentous occasion again. The boys were standing by my side, my groomsmen. All of them wore smiles, happy to be here and watch us get married again; probably hoping for something exciting but this time, we made sure everything went smoothly.

I tried to calm down my breathing, constantly telling myself that I should relax, but that was a bit hard with 4 dozen eyes staring at me. I've been in front of bigger audiences before but this was far more nerve-wracking. I heard the music start playing, and our little 4 year old daughter, Stella, come down the aisle. She was carrying a basket of white rose petals, scattering them on the ground as she walked. She looked up to me, brushing her black hair out of her bright blue eyes. She was an absolute copy of Liz, same look but she somehow had my personality. She was sweet, charming, and absolutely adorable.

Following her, the bridesmaids started down the aisle, the guys' wives and Gemma, coming down in beautiful rose pink dresses, which was Stella's idea. They all looked beautiful and took their place, and then I saw her at the end of the aisle, holding onto Louis' arm, she looked the best. Liz started down, holding onto Louis, but this time I could tell she wasn't nervous at all. She wore a huge smile on her face, beaming at me. I could feel a tear drip down my cheek, and Gabe nudged me right away, silently telling me to 'man up'. What could I do, my wife looked gorgeous.

Her amazing dress made her look like a queen. It was huge, just like I had always wanted for her, just like I had imagined. Her tattoos were visible in her dress, and I couldn't love them more. They showed who she was. They showed me and everyone that I loved her for who she was and she didn't need to change that.

She walked until she stood in front of me; Louis left her hands in mine, placing a kiss on her cheek, and walking to join the boys as one of my groomsmen now.

The priest started the actual ceremony, saying a bunch of words I didn't really listen to. I was too invested in the stunning woman in front of me, my wife. The priest asked for our vows, and Liz went first, she could sense the nervousness and decide to cut me some slack.

"Harry, you've been with me through so much, and you're still here. We started off as such an odd couple, both with our secret intentions. But somewhere along the way, those vanished, and I really fell for you. I didn't even know it, but I truly did love you, and I guess I always have. You have been so patient with me, and so sweet. You treat me like a princess. You care for me, you love me. And I hope that over the past 10 years of our marriage I was able to return all that you gave me. I hope that I was able to love you, because I know I loved you with my whole heart, and I will continue to love you will all my heart. Harry, you saved me, without you I wouldn't know where I'd be. I love you" She said, her blue eyes glimmering. Her words put a smile on my face, another tear drifted down my face as I felt her squeeze my hand.

Now it was my turn, and I didn't think what I prepared would match that, the words I had remembered now gone from my memory. Well it seems like this will have to come straight from the heart.

"Elizabeth Styles, I can't tell you how much I adore you. I know it might not have started off this way, but it was for the better, because that's how I realized I truly loved you. When you weren't with me, I ached. When you were upset, I cried. We had this connection that everyone could see except us, until 10 years ago. You really something special, the love of my life. You can say that I helped you but, truth is you changed me, for the better. You showed me what really matters and that's not fame or money, but love. You gave me so much love over the past, and it means the world to me. You gave me three beautiful kids that I still can't thank you enough for. You made my life, and I can never tell you that enough. I love you" I finished, not really sure what I even said.

The priest continued with the final words until the last sentence was spoken by him. "I now pronounce you man and wife; you may now kiss the bride"

I pulled her closer, our lips touching, but not kissing just yet. "Forever?" I spoke silently, only loud enough for her to hear.

She kissed me, and it was like the first time all over again.

She pulled back and whispered reassuringly. "Forever"

~The End~

(A/N Finally done. I want to thank all those people that stuck by this story and I really hope you guys read my other stories as well. Thank you)