Chapter 9

Layla Cortdale

When we were only a couple feet away from the mansion, I turned and looked at Xavier

"Well I guess this is goodbye for now" I told him

I pecked his lips and started walking away, but suddenly he grabbed me by the waist and crashed his lips to mine. I would never get tired of his lips, they are my addiction, but if we didn't stop now, I don't know when we would. His hands started roaming my body and I knew I had to stop this now, I pushed him away, but he didn't even move an inch, but that did get him to stop and look at me.

"Xavier, you have to let go of me, if someone finds us here, I'm done for"

He growled in annoyance

"So what, everyone in this whole fucking world should know your my mate and I have the right to kiss you!"

"And they will, but not now" I said

He started breathing heavily and growling, I put both my hands on the sides of his face, got on my tippy toes and put my forehead on his. His hands automatically went to my waists.

"Shhh calm down, please" I whispered

His grip on my hips tightened, but not enough to hurt me. He closed his eyes and started taking slow, deep breaths

"I'm sorry" he said

"It's okay, but I should get going, my dad might be looking for me" I told him

"Okay, but lets meet up later" he said

"Okay" I pecked him on the lips and started walking away, already I felt empty without him, but I needed to stay strong

I walked into the mansion and I spotted my dad still talking to the same guy, they seem to be having a deep conversation. I starting walking over to my dads side, he looked up and smiled, the other guy got up and walked away, but not without glancing at my direction.

"Hey dad"

"Hi Layla"

"Are you alright? Who was that guy?, you were talking to him for a long time" I asked

He chuckled,"You ask a lot of questions, but he's just another alpha and we were just discussing on how to stop rouges from invading territories." He explained, but I knew he was hiding something else

"Oh okay, I was just curious"

"We'll curiosity is what killed the cat" he said

"Dad, please, I'm a wolf, not a cat" I told him

We both laughed

"We should go to the backyard, the ceremony should start soon"

"Lead the way" I said

While we were walking through the crowd of people, I can't help but feel uncomfortable, I felt someone's eyes on me. I stopped and looked around, my eyes landed on a pair of bright green eyes, the same eyes that belonged to the alpha that was talking to my dad, why was he staring at me?, I waved to him and he waved back while smiling at me like a cheshire cat, who the hell smiles like that? I turned and started catching up to my dad. We reached the backyard and it was packed! There were alphas and betas everywhere, luckily we found a spot in the front. Everyone was too busy in there conversation that they didn't notice the man walking on stage. He looked so mean, I've seen him before, but where? His face looked so depressing, but what stood out the most was his cold, icy blue eyes, they told a story. He coughed his throat and automatically everyone stopped talking and bowed their heads. Of course! This is the cruel alpha king aka Xavier's uncle, they do sort of resemble each other, but he looked like death and he didn't care, his face shows no emotions. So is this what happens to you when you lose your mate? I don't know want i'd do if I ever lost Xavier, my wolf howled sadly at that thought.

'I don't ever want to lose him or his wolf' she whined

'Neither do I, we fell in love with both of them' I said to her

I was too busy talking to my wolf that I didn't notice my dad trying to get my attention

'Layla, pay attention' he mind linked

'Sorry'

"As you all know, my nephew, the rightful heir to the throne, has found his mate, from today on, he will be your alpha king!"

Everyone was cheering and howling, Xavier's uncle stepped down from the podium and Xavier got on, immediately a smile formed on my face and I felt a surge of pride run through my body.

"Thank you for accepting me as your new king, I'm very grateful. I am honored to lead you all...

As Xavier was saying his speech, I was feeling worried, like something bad is gonna happen but what? I looked around and didn't see any danger, but why was I feeling this. All of a sudden, a howl of pain emerged on the stage, time just stopped, everything and everyone froze. I started running towards that direction, when I got there my heart just ripped into two pieces at the sight I saw in front of me.

**Authors Note**

Hey everyone, so I'm really sorry about this chapter, I know its short, but ill try to make the next one longer, but if you haven't already, go check out my new book Unexpected :) but...

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, and ENJOY!!