The Way We Were

The Way We Were

Author: tearsinheaven23

Genre: Romance & Humor

Description: “I was praying that you and me might end up together. It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert, but I'm holding you closer than most, 'cause you are my heaven.”              ― Ron Pope

Athena Fray is trying to escape from her past, the love of her life, Stephen Herondale.  But, where can she hide when her past is back to haunt her?

A few years ago, Athena's life was the definition of perfect. She was off to fulfill her dream of becoming a professional pianist at Julliard, with her boyfriend, Stephen who was pursuing to become an actor. Suddenly, her world came crashing down when her boyfriend unexpectedly disappeared leaving her with just a letter, thus ending their profound relationship.  Now, three years later, Athena receives an invitation to Stephen's wedding and can't help but feel heartbroken. Letting go of the past is harder than she thinks.

                                   ....................................................

When I opened the door, the first thing I saw were a pair of  beautiful gold eyes staring back at me. Oh no....

My pulse gained its pace, my heart beating faster. It was him. I gulped, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat. I was not ready for this. Not ready to face him.

 "Sorry... I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier" he said with a smile. "I'm Stephen. Stephen Herondale."  he held his hand out as in a way of greeting. 

I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion. Why was he pretending like he didn't know me? Like this was the first time we had ever been acquainted. I suddenly felt so angry. He was being such a jerk. If this was how he was going to act around me, then so be it.

 I managed a smile, "H..Hi, I'm Athena". 

                                       ...................................................

Can Athena Fray survive someone else marrying the love of her life or will her heart be left broken?