Chapter 12

*** PIC ON THE SIDE BY SADZ4LYF

Thanks again for the support!

Tee

****

“You’ll never make me leave

I wear this on my sleeve

Give me a reason to believe”

Chapter 12

“Sage I need to talk to you.” He came barging into the room, not literally but he didn’t knock and acted as if he owned the place.

Okay so he did own the place, but he is old enough to know about privacy.

My head still rested on Slade’s chest, listening to his slow shallow breathing. I couldn’t fall asleep but I didn’t want to leave the comfort of being near Slade, he was soon becoming my rock one that I was beginning to lean on more and more.

I looked up at him, his eyes a navy blue colour a slow indication of how angry he was becoming. He looked from Slade to me, repeating the process, a silent yet very threatening growl escaping his lips.

Was he jealous?

No that couldn’t be.

Why was he acting this way?

Slade was still sleeping, unaware of this life threatening situation. If Alpha Carter let his wolf take over Slade’s throat would be ripped out in a matter of seconds.

That shouldn’t happen.

I got out of bed still fully dressed, Slade and I were not doing anything that would make me feel guilty, but there was a small glint of shame which I felt.

I walked out of the room quietly, pleading to Alpha Carter with my eyes to follow me. To my relief he did, his body tense. I couldn’t help admiring his strength, even though he was towering over me in a threating manner.

Instinctively I took a step back, “Can I help you with something Alpha Carter?” I asked formally, ignoring the shakiness of my voice.

He didn’t seem fazed, his eyes were trained on me, looking me over before they met with my own eyes. I gasped at the intensity of his eyes. It was like staring into the depth of the deepest ocean, but they held nothing but rage. Something that I was all too familiar with. My father used to look at me with nothing but pure rage and disgust. Was Alpha Carter like my father? Would he let his rage control him? Would he teach me a lesson?

I suddenly became afraid. Afraid of having a mate exactly like my father, there was a possibility of this. Alphas were the most hotheaded out there. They needed a balance, did Alpha Carter find his balance because she sure as hell wasn’t  me.

“No there is nothing you can help me with Sage.” He taunted, his voice sending icy chills down my spine. I raised my eyebrow. What could he possibly need to talk about. I think he has said all he needed to say.

He doesn’t want me. That’s clear.

He won’t reject me. The reason why is not clear.

The reasons why he is doing what his doing is nothing. He doesn’t care enough to tell me. I feel that I am not important enough to know. He expects me to just take what he says as final. The end.

He doesn’t want me.

 Okay I’m being pathetic now and very repetitive. I accept it. I’m getting over it. It’s not simple though, it’s like a really tall steel wall is in front of this ‘acceptance’ and I have to jump over it. With no help at all.

Just great.

“I came over here to see if you were okay, if the cut on your head was healed and just..” he rand his fingers through his hair, obviously he was frustrated, “instead you are laying in another man’s arms.”

I didn’t reply.

I just could not form any words.

He cared? Really….

All of a sudden.

“I… Slade is just my friend..”

“Save it for someone who cares.” He held his hand up, shutting me up, “I would have thought that us being under the same roof would have been okay, that there is still some level of respect. Instead you act like a damsel in distress, readily falling into another man’s arms.”

I felt as if he had punched me in the gut, was he really trying to accuse me of this.

“I…. I don’t know where you get that from but I have done nothing wrong.” I got out.

“Right and I was born yesterday.”

“What do you want Alpha?” I asked coldly, this was going nowhere and if he was going to act like I was some… slut.

That’s what it was!

Did he think there was something going on between Slade and me? Did he think that I just fall into guys arms and give myself to them freely?

“Nothing.”

“Good. You want nothing from me. You know nothing of me. So don’t pretend that you know me. Because you don’t, you don’t know what I’ve been through; you sure as hell don’t even know anything about me. So you have absolutely no right whatsoever to accuse me of anything.” I snapped, taking a step back from him. The more distance and space I put between us the better.

“That might be true Sage but you are still my mate whether I want you or not and you will act accordingly until I figure out what to do with you,” he evened out, his eyes turning a darker blue, if that was even possible. He hid his emotions this time; I was no longer sucked into the depth of nothingness.

Was he always this cold?

Did I want him around?

I knew the answer.

I definitely wanted him around. Just not like this, never like this.

He was my mate.

There was no going around that fact.

A mate was something that was vital for our kind. The very definition of a werewolf mate was an unbreakable connection, one that has drawn me to him in a way that I have never ever experienced before. As a soul mate he is supposed to understand, to connect with me on a much deeper level, on every level possible.

I can’t do this.

“Am I just some possession to you?” I asked, not really looking for an answer. “You will reject me Alpha Carter, you have to, and because right now you are hurting me much more than he ever could.” I said with vulnerability, something that I was not sure I liked.

I let it slip. He can’t see this part of me. He can’t see what I have been through, what his putting me through.

Before he could answer I walked back to me room, making sure to lock the door.

Slade was still sleeping soundly. I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. I could feel his presence on the other side just hovering there before it was gone. I let out a sigh, I definitely cannot do this.

I could not want him.

I could not force him to want me.

But most of all.

I could not be strong.