Chapter 1

The sunlight was passing through the holes of towel that was leaned against the window, with the intention to block the light itself, making a dark atmosphere, while they were driving. The dark ruled in the car, and on the other side it was really sunny. Contrast. The window between these two sides was like a shield. Shield that kept them from big heat which would blur their minds. Anyhow, they wanted an escape. Escape from that heat. Escape from reality. From everything.

Girls were sitting (more laying than sitting) in back of the car and mother who was at the front seat driving, turned the music on and it immediately spread all around. Bruna was reading a book, Ezra was listening to the music but with her headphones in, in the left corner of the car while, Amanda was just sitting and trying to meditate. Meditation requires silence, turning off- literally and thinking about nothing. But Amanda didn't have nor silence nor she could relax and clear her thoughts. She didn't like doing anything while driving or she starts feeling nauseous and dizzy.

Even surrounded by those she loved and who were important part of her life, she felt lonely. Do you know that feeling? Alone between people. Alone with thoughts. Scary. At least, if it comes to Amanda. She was thinking how this trip to Lost Town was brilliant idea. Actually, it was horrible, and she knew it, but she wanted to think positively like she always did.

Oliver came to her mind. It was impossible not to think about him.

She believed that even if Bruna was reading the book or Ezra was listening to the music, they were both thinking about him. Actually, she didn't believe, she was certain of it. She leaned against the car door and looked at both of them. She stopped her eyes on Bruna's. They were filled with tears. And if Amanda asked her why she was sad, she'd say that she came over some tearful part of her book. Lie. But she won't ask. She knew her better than anyone else, not because Bruna's her younger sister, but because simply, Amanda was like a mind reader.

Ezra was playing with her hair with closed eyes banging her head probably along the music beat from her headphones

Ezra was playing with her hair with closed eyes banging her head probably along the music beat from her headphones. Am, how friends called Amanda, knew that when she's touching or pulling her hair-ends, she's laying or she's nervous and tense holding from crying. Amanda glanced her phone to see what was she listening to. Like I'm Gonna Lose You-Meghan Trainor. Now she knew it. Oliver's favorite song.

Only Am's mother seemed normal. In fact- happy. She was driving with smile over her lips like she even had a reason for it, but she found it anyway. Why all mothers always seem so calmed and somehow hidden from emotions they really feel? She loved Oliver. She didn't know him that well, like girls did, truth, but she still liked him.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Bruna shouted when Amanda pulled off the towel from the window.

Ezra instantly opened her eyes and one tear fell over her dark circle, slipping down her cheek. She dried her eyes right away, but Amanda pretended like she haven't seen it.

"It's enough! We're like trapped in these cars, not doing anything! And we've even closed all the windows. Few more minutes and I'd stop breathing.She opened the window and threw her head out.