Chapter 2

Amanda's POV

My eyes were suddenly opened. I had a feeling I haven't slept all night. Bruna was fast asleep and Ezra was on the balcony. She liked sleeping under the open sky on fresh air.

I sat on my bed for five minutes thinking. What am I going to do now? I can't sleep. Should I go somewhere? It was really early, maybe about six a.m. The sun light was sneaking past the curtains in our room. I got up from the bed and went out.

Honestly, I didn't know where was I heading. I followed the path, but of course, I should've known it would lead me to the amphitheater.

It was still dark outside and sun was just rising, which was weird, since it supposed to rise at least 2 hours ago.

I was standing on the edge of a rock, looking at the wavy and troubled sea, that was simply magnificent. The sound of silence, away from the crowd and noise. The cozy wind was playing with my hair. It flew in all directions, bothering me, but I ignored it.

After a while, I was placing the strands of hair behind my ear, when big wave splashed the rock I was sitting on. I got up, immediately and took a step back, and while doing that, I tripped, which caused me to notice something. A big hole in the amphitheater that I had never seen before. I approached it slowly and looked downwards. God, It looked so deep, but I wanted to see what was in it. Maybe it was not that deep, after all. I looked closer but the dark was everywhere.

I wondered how many times my curiosity leaded me to wrong and dangerous places, and what about now? Should I go down there?

Something creaked and the sound of it reflected against the walls forming an echo, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hello!" I shouted.

I didn't get a response back.

"Hey!" I yelled louder, "Is someone in there?"

"Hmm, sweetheart, did you tell me something?"

I looked up quickly to see Madison Brown. Mother of two little girls.

"Oh, you scared me," I recomposed myself. "No, no. I didn't say anything."

"What are you doing down on your knees?" She shrieked, "Oh! Step away from that hole! I don't want to carry you home in pieces."

And there she goes with her pointless jokes.

A humorless laugh escaped my lips, "I was just checking it out." I smiled ironically and moved on to the point. "Since when is this here?"

"I suppose this place has been here forever. We just couldn't see it, until the last two years when the sea level became lower, I guess."

"Wow. So it's been here for two years already?" I asked her, but she didn't even hear me. She yelled and ran in direction of her daughter,

"Melissa, my dear! Come back here! Don't go that far!"

People started arriving with their families to swim, so I guess it was already seven a.m.

"Hey, Amanda!" Ezra called for me from the balcony of the house. "Come inside and have a breakfast."