Chapter 12

Bruna's POV

The doorbell rang.

Who was it this time?

"I'll open it." I said just when I came downstairs.

I reached the doorknob and opened it rather rashly, ready to yell at whoever was behind the door.

"Hey, Bru."

It was Mark! Oh my God! He gazed at me with his beautiful sparkly eyes. It had been forever since I last saw him. I stood there unmoving and speechless.

"Can I talk to Amanda?"

"Um..." I was surprised for a moment, "She's in her room."

"Can you call her? It's really urgent."

"No, Mark. She's grounded. Mom won't let her go out."

"Well, she doesn't have to go out. Just to come here, so we could talk 'bout something."

"Sorry... Can I take a message?"

"Uh... No, it's fine." he suddenly got nervous like he had remembered something, "But I'll be here. Please..." he took my hand, and my heart started to pound faster and faster. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, "Convince your mother to let Amanda out for only five minutes. I believe in your charm." he winked and then sat on the step of the stairs.

I got inside and closed the door, leaning on them with my backs. I was unaware of the smile that was spreading over my face.

"Who was it?" I heard dad from the living room.

"Guys... It's Mark. He has something important to talk about with Am."

I saw Ezra rolled her eyes just like she didn't buy it.

"What about?"

"Well I don't know, mom. But you should let her, so we could find out."

She looked at the floor visibly thinking.

"It must be something about that lady Marine. Of course she can talk to him." dad said.

"This is too much. You don't have any rights to interfere in my decisions..."

"Mom, please." I interrupted her since I noticed she was going to start an argument.

"Okay... But only for five minutes. Ezra, you call her. I don't believe even you," she pointed at me, "nor Amanda, nor Mark."

"Okay, Mrs. Melissa." Ezra got up and gave me a look from the corner of her eye.

Well, I couldn't say I hated her, but she was acting really weird these past days. I saw her going upstairs, and I decided to tell Mark that Amanda was coming.

And I'd try to pull something out of him.

"She'll be here in couple of minutes."

He got up same instant and smiled so gently and hot, then kissed me on the cheek. I believe I flushed as fast as he got up from the step. Then I got even more red thinking of the fact I was red. What the hell had I just said?

"I knew you could do it."

At least I had no more suspicious thoughts about Mark and Amanda, and I kind of felt that he liked me.

Now back on finding out what he wanted to talk about with Am.

"You know, whatever you talk about with Am, she'll tell me. She's my sister, after all."