Chapter 2

Hello everyone, and welcome back to the second chapter of Alpha Male. I am so glad that you are all reading and hope you also enjoy this next chapter. Don't forget to leave a comment and vote!

P.S. The book cover on the side was created by @LittleLionMan_. Thank you SO much! I love it and it means so much to me that you would take the time to create a book cover for the novel!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 2

~Josiph~

On our arrival back to our pack territory I met up with my father at what was formerly known as the alpha's house and meeting grounds. There, meetings would take place based on either welcoming new wolves to the pack or the final stages of becoming mates to another member in the pack. And once in a while, it was also used as the meeting grounds for the signing of a new alpha, and or a beta when the time comes. There were a few other reasons why the meeting grounds were necessary, but that was mostly if we wanted to have get-togethers in the pack.

"What's up father?" I asked, entering the room with my hands behind my back.

My father was standing at the front of the room facing me though his eyes weren't exactly looking at me. Instead, he was looking off into the distance at the decorations that were still in place after the last acceptance of a member into the pack. Various colors streamed around the room hanging from the ceiling lights, looping effortlessly against one another. Food that was supposed to be cleaned out still laid on the table for other members to pig at. The room was still a bit of a mess but on a nice day where the room wasn't being used it looked rather nice with its old ceiling lights, a bright red carpet, and grey stone walls. It reminded me of a king's castle in a way.

"Have you found her yet?" he asked now looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I didn't tell anyone what I'd been doing for the past month so I really didn't know how my father could have figured it out so soon.

"Well considering I just recently got a call from an old friend of mine in another pack talking about how you were roaming around looking for your mate, I figured I might as well ask," my father answered me. "You know you better start being careful about how you're going on about this. Someone is going to notice, and I don't mean just an old friend of mine."

"I know," I replied feeling like a little kid again as their father scolded them for something they did wrong. "That's why I have decided to stop looking," I added looking at Derek who just stared quietly at my father.

My father just nodded and kept quiet for a few minutes. "Son, I mean this in all honestly, from father to son, not pack wolf to alpha, but do you really feel like you're ready to be alpha of this pack? I don't want you being occupied looking for your mate, and less on you own pack. People will start noticing."

"I know father. I am ready for this though. Being alpha means everything to me, but it seems like I'd pretty much lost my head in the last month looking for her. I can feel her close by, but not close enough. My wolf is fighting to find her, and it's taking so much energy of mine to not let it win. The thing is, my wolf is winning at times, and I just don't have the willpower to fight it every single moment of the day," I answered truthfully, "I just want to find her."

"I know the feeling of that son. When I found your mother I could feel my wolf just relaxing immensely. He was so happy to find his mate, just like how I was when I found her." He stopped to take a breath before continuing, "but the wait also made me stronger. It made me realize that I could survive on my own, and take care of what was needed in the pack. It made my wolf stronger too. I was able to last a period of time without her so close to me, yet so far away. I didn't go insane like most wolves would knowing that their mate was close by but not being able to find her," my father said again, watching me closely. "It was a blessing when I was able to find her though, and it will be a blessing to you too. You just have to give it time. She will find you, just as you will find her."

"I know dad, thank you."

He smiled letting me know he accepted my thanks. "No problem son, and in other news, I think I might have something that could cheer you up a little."

"What would that be?"

"Well some scouts have scented out some other werewolves in the area. None of them are from a pack around here."

"How is that good news?" I asked confused. "It sounds like horrible news to me. Wolves are on our territory doing God knows what. How can that possibly be good news to anyone including you, dad," I asked, my voice going up an octave, as it got louder with every word. 

My dad, unfazed by the changing of my voice, continued speaking like nothing was wrong. "Well, to most alphas it wouldn't be good news. Actually even to me it would be horrible news and I would be sending out a search party after them to capture and kill if necessary, but considering the circumstances—"

"What circumstances would that be?" I asked quickly cutting him off from the rest of the sentence.

"One is female, the other two are male," my father replied calmly ignoring the fury in my voice.

"Female?"

My dad nodded as an answer.

"Does anyone have a clue where they're located at?"

"No. As of now it was only a scent. It could be an older scent which would mean they are further away, but it could also be a newer scent," he explained, pacing around the room. "I have sent out a few more scouts in the area to sniff them out, but nothing has come back yet."

I nodded. "Good work. Would you be able to report back to me when more information is available?"

"Yes, of course. The next group should be coming back in about ten minutes with   information on where the scent is headed, and where the three are going."

"Alright." I lowered my head, pleased with that. "Well, I guess I'll be in the office filling out some paperwork. Once you find out anything please come to me immediately."

"Will do," he agreed. I gave him a final wave before I turned around, leaving the meeting room with Derek as I headed up the stairs to the office.