Chapter 12

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you all enjoy the next chapter of ALPHA MALE!

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote IF you want that is. Would greatly appreciate it!

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @kuraigirl for always leaving comments on a chapter, and always trying to help. :) Thank you so much Kuraigirl. Also don't be afraid to check out her work!

1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 12

~Lucas~

For three days after the meeting Josiph called, things were hectic. Josiph ordered that groups of five would go on patrol where the scent of Lucian had been found. Steve went on every patrol making sure that everything was going correctly and that Lucian's scent wasn't around. I, on the other hand stayed behind to watch Kiana, even though I wanted to go on the patrols but everyone kept saying it wasn't safe. To be exact mostly Josiph said it wasn't safe for me to go on the patrols and only later did others agree with him. It was the first time since being here that Josiph showed any remote feeling toward being my mate, and I wondered if it would be the only time too.

On the third day of patrol people in the pack began to stop watching around the area. There had been no recent scent of Lucian and everyone just gave up. There was also the fact that most of the werewolves during this time were more interested in the full moon coming up than Lucian.

During the full moon, in each pack the newer generations of werewolves would line up like they have always done for years, and take their first transformation with the pack. After this transformation they would be allowed to run freely with the pack for over four hours before going back home. The tradition had been going on for years and would last from about seven at night till around seven in the morning.

Speaking to Derek we were able to find out that seven children would be in line for the full moon this month and that included fourteen year old Hunter who was still waiting for his first transformation.

There were many in the pack that had high hopes of Hunter transforming this month. Those included his parents who were always there for him, along with the doctors who had been working with him and a couple of friends who already had their transformation at the age of thirteen. Others, however, believed that he may never have his first transformation which included the older teenage generations who were on the rise of graduating from school. Those were also the ones who wondered what Josiph would do to Hunter if he never had his transformation.

“How does the full moon festivities work around here exactly?” I asked later in the third day. Kiana, Steve and I were helping with set up for the festivities in two nights. Actually, most people from the pack were helping set up for the festivities with either by cooking food, or setting up the different activities.

Derek was the first to reply, but he was also the closest to me. “Like every full moon there will be three races. One race for the newly transformed werewolves. This race gives them a better chance with getting used to their transformation as well as actually running around better. Plus everyone enjoys watching as they stagger in their steps like they had too much to drink.” He stopped, laughing at the image, probably forming in his head. “The second race is for the older werewolves in the school. They too, don't exactly get a prize and instead gain a little bit of bragging rights for winning during the full moon. The races are mostly just for fun, so we expect everyone to have good sportsmanship no matter what,” he told me, using his beta voice. “Finally there’s the adults race. We actually have to break this race up into three sections because there are so many, so pretty much there are five races. We break the races up into three sections. The first being for just the women, then just men, and finally the finals. Top five from the two races before will move on to the finals.”