Chapter 20

Well as you may know from my status, Alpha Male will be coming to an end soon. With only about four/five chapters left, I've become sadden that I will no longer be writing in the P.O.V of Josiph or Lucas. However, there will be more to come in the second book The Beta's Secret coming in mid September. Follow as Derek finds his true mate, and see how he will handle his own impossible situation.

 1Blossom

~~~

Chapter 20

~Josiph~

“This is how things are going to work,” Kiana spoke the minute the front door was closed behind Hunter and his family. “We’ll be going about two miles into the woods behind Josiph's house. There, we will find a small clearing that Lucas has kindly searched for during his patrols. This will be where Hunter will take his first transformation, but no one outside the seven of us, and Hunter is to know.” She waited, eyeing us to see if we were listening. When she was satisfied she started talking again.

“Steve will be to the north of us and the closest to the border of the territory.” She indicated to Steve who stood beside her in a black shirt and baggy jeans. “He will be there mostly to make sure that no one has followed us. If he hears anything he will let us know immediately, but since he’s only keeping an eye on the north he will be missing the other three major directions.” She faced Hunter’s parents, giving them a warm smile. “Diane and Zach, I would like you two to stand near the south. You will be the closest to Hunter as well as the alpha house. If anything happened while we’re out there, I want you to take Hunter to safety. Josiph would probably ask you to tell his parents as well if anything were to happen out there. Derek and I will be closer to the East in case someone is to attack toward me. Lucas and Josiph, I would like you to be near the West side.”

“Do you expect something to happen other than Hunter's transformation?” Zach asked standing next to his wife and son, face full of worry.

In a heartbeat Kiana turned to Zach and answered, not even batting an eyelash as she spoke, “If you had been to the recent meetings then you would know that a man by the name of Lucian has been trying to claim me as his own. He will harm and kill anyone in his path, including Hunter.”

“Then why are we risking my son’s life by going in the woods?” Zach yelled, his voice going louder and louder by the second.

“Are you saying you rather have your son transform in a closed gym rather than a forest like all others have done before him?” Kiana asked her voice calm even though she spoke with authority. “Or would you rather have your son not transform at all?” When Zach said nothing Kiana nodded. “That's what I thought.” She faced Hunter. “Let’s get going.”

We walked out of the house only minutes later. Hunter walked beside Kiana in the front with Steve closed by them and watched every direction like a hawk or wolf in this matter. He was making sure we wouldn't have any visitors out here, while Kiana and Hunter talked quietly to one another. I couldn't hear what they were saying to each other but I was sure Diane and Zach could. They stood directly behind their son almost stepping on his feet every time they walked. I was behind them and directly next to Derek and Lucas who seemed to be in a deep conversation. However, I could tell that Lucas wasn't really paying attention to anything Derek was saying, and instead was paying attention to his younger sister, Kiana talking to Hunter.

Twenty minutes later, and plenty of odd turns we arrived at the clearing Kiana was talking about. Instantly Steve was in his wolf form and across the clearing hiding behind a tree in the north. I couldn't see him but I could feel him watching and waiting. Derek and Kiana walked over near the east side of the clearing just after Kiana hugged Hunter and told him that everything would be alright. He smiled nervously but still nodded before moving closer to his parents in the south.

“You ready?” Lucas asked from beside me. He had his hand out waiting for my own to be placed there.

I nodded and took his hand gently in my own. “Yeah. I think Hunter is ready too.”

“He has always been ready," Lucas said before we walked over to the west side, hand in hand. “He just needed encouragement.”

When everyone was in position Kiana began speaking. “You remember those exercises I taught you, Hunter?” she yelled even though we weren’t far apart.

“Yes, I remember,” he said back nervously.

“Do those Hunter,” Kiana instructed, “Breath calmly and loosen your muscles. You will need to relax,” she kept chanting. Hunter started relaxing and his breath calmed down. “Now imagine your wolf taking the place of your human form. Think of what your wolf would look like even though you have never seen him before.”

“I'm scared. What if it doesn't work?” Hunter asked looking at Kiana as he spoke. I couldn't see his face but I could hear the sadness in his voice and feel the tremble through his body.

“It will work Hunter. You have to believe in yourself if you want your wolf to come out,” Kiana urged taking a step toward Hunter as she spoke. “He wants to meet you Hunter, you just have to let him meet you.”

“But—” Hunter began only to have Kiana cut him off.

“Trust me Hunter. You will be fine. No one here will allow anything to harm you,” Kiana said calmly. “Just breathe deeply Hunter. Close your eyes,” she said, waiting for him to close his eyes. When he did she went on, “Again think of your wolf coming out. Trust me when I say he wants to meet you, just as much as you want to meet him. He’s just as nervous. Maybe even more nervous than you are.”

Hunter nodded but kept breathing deeply and calmly. “Don't be afraid of your bones popping either. It’s normal,” I spoke softly then added, “You will do well. I have faith in you.”

We waited for ten minutes straight and still nothing happened. I could feel Hunter's hope slipping as he too realized nothing was happening, and I felt bad for the boy.

Just watch, Josiph. I could hear Lucas's voice in my head and I looked over to him. “It will take a bit longer for him because his wolf has waited so long. Just give him time. He is doing better than I’d ever seen.

He’s giving up though.

He hasn't given up yet. That’s his wolf coming to the surface, he said, “because it has been so long his wolf has taken over some of his emotions as he arises. He will learn to control those after the transformation is complete.” He nodded his head back towards Hunter, “Just watch and you’ll see.”

Soon, a loud noise filled the air. Like a loud snap. When I looked closely, it was one of Hunter's bones moving in place to accommodate for his wolf.

“You're doing great Hunter,” Kiana encouraged just as another snap sounded around the field. “Move to sitting on your knees, Hunter. It will make it easier than falling on your front paws when you have completed the transformation,” Kiana was saying even when Hunter was already doing what she’d said. He was sitting on his knees for a few second before collapsing completely to the ground in a whimper.

Kiana was the first to run to Hunter and kneel beside him. I could see nothing since the tall grass covered his body and took a few steps forward along with Diane and Zach.

“Is he alright?” Diane asked in fear, but the fear was short lived when she gasped a second later. Her hands moved to her cover her mouth in a sob. “Hunter,” she whispered. Zach said nothing as he just stared wide eyed as his son.

Kiana smiled up at the two of them. “Why don't you say hello to your son.” She stepped back then just as a dark red and black wolf stood up.