Chapter Three

"H-how did you..."

Sam, Dean, and Cas all stared at you in disbelief, mouths hanging slightly open. You shrugged and gave a shy smile.

"I told you, I'm not a demon." You said, falling onto the bed. You were exhausted, maybe if you just closed your eyes for a few seconds...

"Do I look like I know everything?" The loud, grumbling voice of Cas awoke you from your slumber. You rubbed your groggy eyes and sat up, back aching from the terrible bed. The three others hadn't seen that you had waken up, their backs turned to you. You had a blanket over your lap, and the pillows next to you gave you an idea.

As quietly as you could, you stuffed the pillows under the blanket, and snuck by the door. Sam, Dean, and Cas were all in a deep discussion, apparently not noticing your movement at all. You silently opened the door, only as far as you needed it, and slipped out. The air was chilly and the sun was just starting to dip behind the horizon, causing beautiful reds, pinks, blues, and yellows to be painted across the sky. You didn't have time to admire it however, for you needed to find a hiding place.

Suddenly the door to the motel room burst open, angry shouts coming from inside. You dove into the backseat of the nearest car and prayed that they hadn't seen you.

The shouts were getting louder as the three walked out of the room, and you could clearly hear what they were saying now.

"And how the hell would I know?! Huh?" Sam barked, the anger in his voice causing shivers to run through you.

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you were supposed to be the one watching her?!" Dean snarled back, the voices now ever closer to the car. Cas suddenly stopped them.

"Calm down. I'll find her. You two figure out what she is." You heard wings fluttering and then no longer heard Cas's voice. You let a long-held breath out, assuming that Sam and Dean would go back into the motel room. But much to your horror, the doors in the front of the car you were in opened, and with even more horror you realised that you had taken shelter in the only car in the parking lot- the 1967 Impala.

You held your breath as the car dipped from the weight of the two men getting in. Sinking even closer to the floor you tried to hide yourself, watching as Sam scrunched his eyebrows.

"Ever get that feeling someone's in backseat?" Sam said, looking at Dean with a frown. The latter shrugged.

"I'm sure it's nothing." He said, starting the car. "But what isn't 'nothing', is my need for some pie. Where's the nearest diner?" He asked, pulling out of the parking lot. Sam sighed.

"The nearest diner is ten miles away. Are you sure you wanna go?" Said Sam, but was pushed into the set as Dean pressed on the gas.

"I need me some pie. We're going." Dean said, speeding down the road. You loved the thought of some pie. It had been a long time since you had eaten. In a moment of blind selfishness, you sat up from your spot, arms on the sides of both seats at the front.

"So what kind of pie we gettin'?" You asked. Both men screamed in octaves you didn't know they could reach and Dean slammed on the brakes, making everyone fall forward. White knuckles gripped the steering wheel and you looked cautiously at both men, automatically regretting coming out of your hiding place.

No one got the chance to speak however, because Dean's phone had started ringing. Sam and you both looked at him expectantly as he answered it.

"Cas?"

Your breath hitched at the mention of his name.

"What? Where are you?"

Dean's face was beginning to fall, eyebrows stitching together.

"We're coming!"

Sam looked at Dean with worry evident in his eyes, and from Dean's hard stare you could tell that something was wrong.

"What happened?" Sam asked. Dean looked at his brother with that same cold stare that he had looked at you with.

Dean's voice broke, betraying his look. "Cas... He's... He's been captured."

A/N First one to spot the reference gets an internet hug!

~Sofaloofa