Chapter Eleven

Guardian angel... You had a guardian angel?!

"Hold up." You said, getting up from the bed. "I have... an angel... watching over me... and it's you?!" You clarified, disbelief clearly written on your face. Cas nodded.

"Although it wasn't always me. Before you were captured by Crowley, it was a lesser angel. But then you became more important, and the job was given to me. I escaped the holy oil with the help of your previous angel." Cas explained. "That is why I need to protect you. I didn't think anything of it... But I was recently told the importance of you, and so I had to find you again. I haven't done very well in protecting you during the past few months."

You thought for a moment. Why were you suddenly being dragged on this? You didn't ask for this. You were leading a normal life. A happy life. You shook your head.

"I guess I should go to bed." You said, turning back to the beds... The bed... "There's only one bed." You stated, looking back at Cas. "Where are you going to sleep?" You asked. Cas cocked his head to the side.

"With you, obviously." He moved to the bed. "You... You don't have a problem with that, do you?" He asked gently. You chuckled nervously.

"O-of course not! I'm going to get ready..." You replied, rushing off to the bathroom.

When you emerged, Castiel was already on the bed, under the covers and ready to sleep. You got in the bed as well, holding your breath from the awkwardness. It shouldn't be this awkward, you two have shared more than just a bed before, but that made no difference.

Suddenly though, a thought occurred to you.

"Wait a minute... You're an angel..." You started, hearing a mumble of approval from Cas. "Then... You don't need to sleep, right?" You said, turning to face him. He looked like deer in headlights, but quickly closed his eyes.

"Shh... I'm already asleep..." He said with a silly grin, causing you to chuckle. You were now more relaxed, and had faith that Cas really did want to stay with you. He wrapped his arms around you and you settled into his embrace, closing your eyes.

You awoke to a light tap on your shoulder, and a kiss on the forehead.

"Wake up. We're continuing our drive today." Cas murmured, pulling you from your slumber. You groaned, rubbing your eyes as you groggily sat up. Cas was already waiting at the door.

"Okay, okay, hold your horses." You laughed, getting out of the bed. You gathered your things and walked up to the door. Cas opened it and you smiled at him, walking through the door way. You stopped dead in your tracks when you got outside though, three people standing outside the room. Demons. You slowly backed up, hand looking for the door.

"Uh... Cas?" You asked, wondering why he was still inside. He appeared from the doorway.

"Yeah-" He stopped mid-sentence, seeing the three demons surround you. You looked back at him, seeing him produce a blade from his sleeve. One of the demons stepped forward.

"Crowley sends his love, and he says that he's a little hurt by what you did to those other ones." The demon said, smirking. Cas, pushed you behind his back, keeping you safe

"Leave now." He warned, holding out the blade. The demons all laughed.

"Not a chance." One said. You tugged on Cas' sleeve.

"Give me the blade." You whispered.

"No way. You'll get yourself killed." Cas replied, eying the demons cautiously. You pouted.

"I said I wouldn't be useless, I'm just proving it." You told him, this time ripping the blade from his grasp, and running towards one of the demons.