Chapter Ten

"Let's go!" Dean yelled, jumping into the impala. Sam got in the passenger seat, while you and Cas both sat in the back. Dean started up the car and drove off, turning a corner sharply and making everyone slide to the side. You gulped, feeling yourself turn green but not throwing up.

"Where are we going?" You asked, holding onto your stomach. Dean looked at you through the rear view mirror.

"Somewhere safe. Also, can I have my knife back?" He said, holding out his hand. You hadn't realised that you were still holding it, and handed the bloody knife back to Dean. You looked over at Cas, who was staring intently out the window. You wondered what he was thinking about, as he seemed deep in thought.

"Nothing of your concern." Cas' sudden speech startled you. He looked over at you, dead siriusness written over his face. "You were wondering what I was thinking about. It is not of your concern." He explained. Shit... Can he read minds? You asked yourself, cautious about Cas. "Yes. I can." He said, making you jump.

"Cas, stop it." Dean commanded, not bothering to look back. Cas turned back to his window, but you were sure you could see him smirk. You kept looking at him, wondering if he still cared about you. He had said close to nothing about the baby, and didn't seem interested in rekindling the fire. It was one night, three months ago, but still...

Cas turned around, looking you deep in the eyes. He grabbed your chin, kissing you passionately. You were surprised, to say the least.

When he pulled away, he moved to your ear, whispering, "I do still love you." You blushed fifty shades of red and tentatively brushed your fingertips over your lips, remembering the feeling of his lips on yours.

After considerable time, the car arrived at a new motel, although to you it looked the same as the last one you were in. The sky outside was pitch black, stars littering it. But the motel caught your attention.

"Do guys only stay at motels? That seems... Odd." You stated, looking at the building with scrutiny. You were used to five star hotels, not... this. Dean shrugged and got out of the car, along with everyone else. He bought two rooms, one for you and another for the brothers. Cas stood by your side.

"I will stay in her room to protect her. Crowley could send his demons after us anytime he wishes." Cas said, leading you to your room. You heard Dean call after you too.

"Yeah, sure, Cas. Are you going to do 'research' together?" He laughed, looking at Sam for a high five, but was denied. He pouted and walked to his room with Sam. You stepped into your room with Cas, setting your bag on the old table and sitting on the bed. Cas sat next to you.

"What did Crowley say to you?" Cas asked out of the blue, causing you to look at him with surprise.

"What do you mean?" You said, eyebrows furrowing together.

Cas' expression didn't change. "You know why he wants to kill you. I already know, but I need you to confirm it." He said. You thought for a few moments.

"My family is supposed to rule hell." You said finally, your answer short. Cas looked away, disturbed.

"I was afraid of that answer." He said, getting up. "Go to sleep. You'll need it for the morning." You crossed your arms.

"No. Tell me what's happening and why you're so afraid of that. I'm not going to be useless and sit here knowing nothing like a fat cow." You argued, looking up at Cas' blue eyes. He sighed.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does! You're clearly troubled by this, why?"

"You won't understand."

"I can damn well try to!"

"I'm not what you think. I'm not just any angel to you."

"Then what are you?!" Your question made Cas look away, seeming to have trouble forming the words in his mouth. You waited expectantly, eyebrows raised.

"I-I... I'm your guardian angel."