38

We should get jerseys cause we make a good team. But yours would look better than mine, cause you're outta my league. 

Must Have Done Something Right - Relient K

HARRY

She wasn't picking up her phone.

I had been on my phone for the past hour, pressing the redial option like it was my own lifeline. The constant ring drove itself into my mind, until it became the only thing I could hear. Her voicemail came up once again, the cheery sound of her voice only sending me into a deeper panic.

Isabella was supposed to arrive in London over an hour ago. Her plane hadn't been delayed. The passengers from her airplane from New York had filed out over a half hour ago. Yet she wasn't here.

I was worried, and could feel myself begin to panic.

The situation was only made worse when I scrolled through our text messages. The last received text from Izzy had been before her flight took off. That was six hours ago. She was going on about how she discovered her new favourite bagels - rosemary, with plain cream cheese, and couldn't wait for me to try them. It then ended with her complaining about how she was given the middle seat, after she had been very specific and requested a window seat. That way she would be able to sleep through her red eye flight. Instead, she was squished in the middle between an old man, whose smell would make even Pepe Le Pew run for the hills, and a small child, no older than five, who wouldn't stop crying.

I read over her last text, biting the inside of my cheek to stifle my laugh. "Do you think I'll be arrested for throwing a small child out the emergency exit whilst in the air?"

Her tone was light. She repeated time and time again that she was excited to see me and that it would make up for her unfortunate middle seat. I knew without a doubt that she was coming today, yet she was MIA.

I was worried.

"Calm down, son. I'm sure she's around here somewhere," spoke Dylan, in a reasonably calm voice. He handed me a paper cup with tea from Costa - peppermint, with a drop of milk. It was warm against my fingertips, sending a tinge of peace throughout me.

But it still wasn't enough to ease my racing mind.

"It's not like her to not respond like this. The girl is a fucking organized nutcase. She's always on time and on schedule. Where the hell is she?" Endless possibilities of Izzy's whereabouts ran through my mind. I couldn't help but wonder if she was taken hostage from one of her father's minions, held captive as some form of blackmail, and threaten me to leave her alone.

I knew that it was ridiculous, but not unlikely. Her father is fucking mental, after all.

"Deep breaths. Don't need to get yourself worked up. Airports can be daunting at times. It's easy to get caught up or lost. Customs can also be a right pain," he explained slowly.

I shook my head. "I need to know she's safe. That's all."

"And I'm sure she is."

This whole situation had thrown me into a tailspin. I was slowly becoming paranoid over everything that was happening. I was more alert of my surroundings, on a high alert of the people that were around me. I didn't know what Franklin had planned, but I was going to make sure that I was on high alert.

The possibility that Isabella was at risk also placed an innate fear inside of me. I wanted to protect her. That wasn't up for debate, or even a question. She was my first priority. My life a close second. However, in order to ensure her safety, I had to make sure I was okay too. I couldn't keep Iz safe if I was dead.