43

I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me... Every breath, every hour has come to this...

Thousand Years - Christina Perri 

ISABELLA

I sat on the king sized mattress that laid on the floor of our bedroom in our London flat. A white duvet is draped over my nude body as I clutched my second hand copy of Jane Eyre.

It had been a lazy morning. Last nights activities played on a loop in my mind. Harry had just come home from his shift at the diner, with a paper bag full of cheeseburgers and chips. I had cracked open a bottle of cheap wine, an impulse buy from Waitrose. We weren't celebrating anything specific.

Well, according to Harry we were.

"To being free, in love, and fucking lucky. I'm fucking lucky. I have the most gorgeous girl in my bed and I get to call her mine. I'm fucking lucky..."

The smile on my face wouldn't crack. I didn't want it to. The thought of it going away was silly to me. I wanted to relive last night over and over again - and I never wanted to leave this bed again.

When I woke up, Harry had left a note on his pillow. He slipped out to get us breakfast - two coffee's and raspberry scones (my new obsession). This had left me to my own entertainment. I had picked up a few books from work two days prior. We had a couple boxes in the back that would not sell. Mostly because of it's poor condition. The thought of allowing it to go to waste seemed silly, and so I took them home - with the okay from my boss of course.

I hadn't heard him come in. Books had this affect on me. The moment I started to read, I was sucked into it's world and became oblivious to the world around me. So it shouldn't have been a shock that I reacted the way that I did to the cold hands that covered my eyes.

"What the fuck," I screamed, my heart hammered against my chest. I tore away from my capture, only to be met with playful green eyes. "You scared me you git."

Harry laughed- hard. "You seem to be pickin' up our slang there, love."

I rolled my eyes. "Next time warn a girl before you sneak up on her." I crossed my arms against my naked chest, grabbing a t-shirt from the floor.

"Hey now, what are you doing?"

"Getting dressed, what does it look like?"

Harry shook his head and pulled the grey shirt from my hands. "Today is no clothes day."

"Well you didn't seem to get the memo," I retorted back.

"Then you should change that for me," he smirked. His eyes danced mischievously. I rolled my eyes once again, unable to stay crossed at him for too long.

"Or, you could put on your own grey shirt and we could match."

"I always wanted to be the kind of couple that wore the same thing. Twins... the best couples always are," he joked. "We could even get matching red velour tracksuits."

"Now you're just pulling my leg," I giggled.

"I'd never take the piss when it comes to growin' old with you, love. You know that," he smirked - that same endearing smirk that killed me.

"Oh shut up and come to bed..." I laughed, pulling him into the bed as he took off my grey t-shirt. I guess we would be twins after all...

I wasn't expecting it. Clammy cold hands pressed tightly against my mouth, silencing my screams, and pulled me against their hard chest. They smelt like cigarettes and their breath was hot as they breathed against my ear.