thirty two

Harry's P.O.V

  Hearing the news that Mia had gotten married only a week after she had left was shocking. Not the sort of shock that you get when you receive excellent news, the kind of shock that numbs you down to your core so much that you really do not know what to do.

  Every since docking the yacht, I have been staying with Louis in LA. 

  "Aren't you going to continue your trip?" He had asked me. I shook my head.

  "It wouldn't be the same." 

  He offered to give me a room in his house for a while and I agreed. Going back to London would be all too sad; a confirmation that it was all completely over. Even though I was the one who made her leave, she did much more damage to me than to her. How was it possible to feel this much heartbreak over someone?

  Louis had a nice house. I had never been, mainly because when I was out in LA it was doing my own thing. The property had lots of land and high hedges that surely must've been giving paparazzi a hard time. He had Freddie all to himself for the week while Briana went on a trip with her family, so to chip in I offered my babysitting services when he needed it.

  "Look at this." Louis said on the second day that I had been there. He held his phone in front of my face and I frowned down at the screen in front of me. It was a picture on Instagram of a large hand holding a small hand and they both had rings on them. The woman's hand was petite and the rock on her finger must have costed a fortune. My eyes nearly bugged out of their sockets when I saw that the picture was posted by realmattmiles, the same Matthew Miles that Mia had complained about so much.

  "Who..." I clicked on the screen to see who was tagged in the photo. An account called realmiaroden was tagged and all the air whooshed out of my lungs. "How the hell are they married!?" I shouted.

  "I don't know." Louis shook his head. "It's like one minute she's with you, the next she's married to this bloke. It makes no sense, lad." 

  It made no sense. She had just confessed that she was in love with me a week ago. The tears in her eyes looked genuine and real. She looked genuine and real. Something about this entire situation was not adding up, and perhaps if she was just honest with me I wouldn't feel so clueless.

  An hour went by of me going on the computer, reading over and over about the secret wedding between Mia and Matthew. It had been confirmed by both of their companies in official statements, which was even more confusing because before they had been business rivals. The hatred that Mia had displayed about Matthew was now being replaced by love; so what was the real story? By the end of it, I had a pressure headache building in the base of my skull.

  My eyes must have been blotchy and red. Furiously, I wiped away the tears as more articles began confirming it. The one that was in People magazine even had statements released from Matthew and Mia. 

  "We're very happy." Matthew tells us. "I know she wants kids for sure, so we're very excited to see what our future has in store."

  "It's an exciting time." Mia continues for him.

  "Kids!?" I screamed. "Holy shit, what is going on. They're talking about children! What the hell is going on!?" I tugged at my hair as I stared at the screen for a solid five minutes, then dropped the computer on the floor. When it didn't smash, I slammed my foot on the keyboard until the whole thing was in two pieces.