Chapter 26

I think I'm in Love with a Malfoy?

SORRRY for the late upload, I was away all weekend, nursing a dreadful hangover Monday, back at school Tuesday and the week has just GONE!

BUT its here now!

With no further ado....drum roll pleasee!!!

Scorpius' POV

I watched as my Bishop got smashed to bits by Lily's knight. I really wasn't very good at this game. She was already winning and had taken most of my pieces out. She laughed quietly and I looked up at her surprised. She was looking at me through her long lashes, a bright smile etched upon her face.

I arched an eyebrow in question.

"Your face, it was so...grrrr..." she said through her laughing fit.

"Grrr?"

"Yeah, it's like you can't believe that you're actually losing," she murmured, quietening down after a stern look from the librarian.

Yes, we were sitting in the library playing wizards chess. I'd never thought I'd see myself in the library. It was actually quite fun too. Well apart from the fact that the librarian, who looked a bit like Professor McGonagall now I think about it, kept giving us evils from the gaps between the books standing on the towering shelves.

"I'm guessing you don't play wizard's chess much?" Lily whispered, nudging my leg with her foot underneath the table.

"Yeah, I don't really have anyone to play with back home. My fathers always at work and my mother...well she doesn't really play. She just like's to socialise with her friends, so I'm just left to do what I like."

Lily looked at me sadly.

"Stop pitying me!" I said nudging her foot back. She kicked my shin and we ended up in a fairly violent footsie match.

"Quiet!" hissed the librarian. I glared at her whilst Lily laughed silently.

"But it's so sad that you don't spend much time with your family," she said after she had sobered up a bit.

I shrugged, "It's not too bad, I mean I just hang with Drake most of the summer. You get used to it after a while."

"See, I always had James and Albus around, that's why I'm so amazing at this. I think Albus was a wizards chess champion in his third year. I got taught by the best," she smirked and leaned her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands, peering at me.

We ended up playing for a little while longer. Lily was kicking my arse at the stupid game. I was literally down to my Queen and King, whilst she still had several of her white pieces on the board.

"Queen to E4," said a voice from beside me. I turned and saw Drake standing there, concentration etched onto his face. "Damn, you are really bad at this game," he said crouching down by the table so his face was level with the board. My Queen glided across the board and smashed one of Lily's pawns to bits.

"You're cheating...you can't help him!" Lily said.

"No-"

"Arghhh!! There's a fucking HUGE spider crawling on the floor!" Drake yelled, cutting me off. Great, so much for a nice, quiet Saturday afternoon in the library. "Crap,crap,crap..." Drake whimpered. He was deathly afraid of spiders, it was actually quite funny because no matter what size the spider was he would always freak out like a six year old girl.

"Stop acting like a baby," Lily said, almost as if she were reading my mind.

"Technically, he's not because baby's don't swear do they?" Roxy came up behind Lily, leaning on the back of her chair.