Chapter 11

Jade and Tori were in the RV's kitchen, eating. Well, Tori was eating. Jade was drinking, really. The RV might not have the ability to travel through time, but it could drive itself, so long as it knew the destination. An enchantment had also been cast on the driver's seat to create a hologram of sorts that gave the impression someone was actively driving. "Uh, Jade?" Tori asked slowly, looking up from her burger.

"Yeah?" Jade asked, gulping down the last of the cow blood and shuddering in disgust.

"I've got a question about you...and Joan of Arc...and Mulan." Tori said slowly, blushing. Jade raised an eyebrow.

"What, you want to hear that story?" She asked, smirking and sitting down at the table across from Tori.

"No!" Tori said quickly, blushing even more fiercely. "I was just wondering...what happened? Why were you in that situation?" Jade scowled.

"Mulan discovered poker." She said simply. When she said nothing else, Tori frowned.

"A little more explanation please." Tori asked.

"Joan and I were...dating I suppose." Jade said with a sigh. "Of course, this was the early 1900's, we didn't call it dating then. And it's a little hard to date the Autumn Knight."

"The Autumn Knight?" Tori asked, frowning.

"Joan is now the second in command of Samhain, the king of the Autumn Court." Jade told her. "Samhain is the one who saved her from the execution, the one who made her immortal. In exchange, she acts as his emissary to the mortal plane and the other Fey Courts, and leads his armies in war."

"When did you meet her?" Tori asked curiously.

"I actually met her when she was still a regular human." Jade told her. "I was in France at the time, since wars are a great way to hide the fact that vampires are feeding. But we didn't start our relationship until the Protection War of the 1910's, when we met for the second time."

"The Protection War?" Tori asked.

"Germany pissed off a lot of Eastern European dragons over the course of the war." Jade told her. "It was all accidental of course, but dragons don't care about that. They just gathered their minions together and decided to raze Germany. That would have let everyone know that the magical things of the world still walked among them though, so we went to war with the dragons to stop them. That's when I met Joan again."

"What happened?" Tori asked eagerly. Jade sighed and looked away.

"She swept me off my feet." She admitted. "I went from one of the most dangerous and respected soldiers in the army to being Joan's humble and submissive lover." Tori stared at Jade, stunned.

"E...Excuse me?" She asked. "You were someone's humble and submissive lover? You?" Jade sighed again.

"You don't get it. Joan is...special. She is different. Actually, she's a lot like you, which is part of the reason why I acted like such a gank. I didn't want to be the sub again." Tori raised an eyebrow.