Chapter 19

Jade walked away from the corpses to more closely examine the hologram of the battle. "Have they won yet?" Merlin asked, walking into the room.

"Looks like it. Did you destroy all the armor golems?" She said, not looking away from the hologram.

"Kind of." He said, walking up to the hologram. "Those that were still standing self-destructed not long ago. My guess would be that the White Court leaders put that in place as a safeguard to keep their technology from being turned against them."

"If that is truly the case, then why did the castle not self-destruct as well?" Jack asked, walking in.

"It tried to." Merlin said with a grin. "But once the statues had destructed, I realized what was going on and cast a spell that prevented it from doing so."

"Thanks." Jade said, nodding. "Out of curiosity, do you have the strength for a portal spell?" She asked, pulling out her cell phone."

"Of course." Merlin said, slightly offended that Jade felt the need to ask such a question.

"Would you mind sending me back to my house in Chicago?" She asked, firing off a quick text to Rosie. "I have a very worried girlfriend." Merlin nodded.

"Certainly. I wish you luck in not getting your head ripped off by her." He said, gesturing with his staff.

"She's not angry." Jade assured him. "I'll be fine."

"No lover is ever fine when their partner goes to war without them." Merlin told her, opening the portal. Jack nodded.

"Agreed." Jade raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

"See you guys later." She said stepping through the portal.

One second later

Jade stumbled out of the portal and scowled as she tried to keep herself from shaking. She really, really hated portal travel, but it was faster than driving from Idaho to Chicago. A second later another portal opened, and Rosie and Tori hurried out of it, with Tori throwing herself at Jade. Jade pulled her into a deep, passionate kiss, then frowned a moment after they pulled apart. "You're covered in bruises." She growled. "Why are you covered in bruises?"

"We may have arrived in New Salem a few days before a group of villains attempted to overthrow the government." Rosie admitted with a wince. Jade stared at her, then looked down at Tori.

"Who do I need to kill?" She growled. "Tell me their names. I don't care if it was fucking Chernabog, I will kill whoever hurt you."

"Calm down Jade, it was Dr. Facilier, and Rose Red killed him." Tori said, hugging Jade tighter. "I'm just glad that you're okay."

"Of course I'm okay." Jade said with a smirk. "I'm me." She looked back at Rosie. "Who started that mess, Dracula?" She asked. She didn't care what Tori said, she was going to hurt someone for hurting Tori.

"Actually...it was Susan." Rosie admitted. Jade stared at her, not sure if she'd heard right.

"Susan? As in Susan Pevensie? As in, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Susan?"

"Yeah." Rosie said, nodding. "It surprised everyone, including her siblings. Don't worry though, they put her in the cage they used to keep Rumplestilsken in."

"Don't worry? Rumplestilsken is loose and you're telling me not to worry?" Jade demanded.

"They made a deal with him, and you know how he is with deals." Rosie said reassuringly.

"Can we talk about this later?" Tori asked, resting her head on Jade's shoulder. "I'm really tired right now, and I just want to rest."

"Right, sorry." Jade said, scooping Tori up bridal style and walking into the house and up the stairs.

Three hours later

Rosie scowled and pulled her head out from under her pillow. "Really tired my ass." She growled, climbing out of bed and walking out of the bedroom she was sleeping in. She hadn't minded when they first started, seeing as (thanks to the wonky time of New Salem in relation to Earth) Tori hadn't seen Jade in two weeks and had spent those two weeks constantly worrying for Jade's safety. But they'd just kept going, and going, and going! Rosie new rabbits that got tired of screwing each other quicker than that, and Tori's screaming wasn't helping matters. Muttering to herself, she walked over to the master bedroom door and cast a soundproofing spell on the whole room, then went back to bed.